Plex Media Server Update

• The forum told me it's recommended i make a new thread due to this one being 120+ days old.. Just wanted to clear that out of the way first.

Is this Plex Media Server addon still working for anyone?
    Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

I use to grab the latest one there and be able to update it using these instructions:
    Upgrade Plex Media Server with PlexPass on LibreElec via Command Line | naschenweng.info

I know at one point Plex ditched the "multimedia" part in front of the addon folder name so it went from:
    service.multimedia.plexmediaserver
    to
    service.plexmediaserver

But now when i try and use those instructions i get errors when doing:
    mv /storage/.kodi/addons/service.plexmediaserver/lib /storage/.kodi/addons/service.plexmediaserver/lib.old

Because it says the lib directory is not there.. And it isn't i've checked.

Looks like this addon got abandoned by the Tnds82 dev to me.. Thoughts?

• Nevermind. I fixed it with a reinstall of the old abandoned addon and instructions as per usual to update.

I assume my install got corrupted at some point for whatever reason.

Can't find the delete thread button

• Thanks for the answer. I can see there are several Plex to choose from. Which one should I choose for Plex Media Server which has the most recent updates?

• Hey guys, I just installed plex server but can't access it through the Web browser until I forward the right port. Can anyone help me with that please?

Thank you very much

• Hey guys, I just installed plex server but can't access it through the Web browser until I forward the right port. Can anyone help me with that please?

Thank you very much

Which one did you install? What do you mean by "forward the right port"?

Need more info on what you did

• I installed PMS through Docker and apparently, the port Plex is listening to has to be forwarded. Because when I try to access PMS through http://192.168.1.xx:32400/web it won't open.

Did you install through the linuxserver docker addon or in docker yourself through command line or portainer?

The addon has plex run in host mode, so all ports should be exposed on the host automatically.

How did you conclude the port has to be forwarded?

Did you check the logs? Is plex running?

• I installed LinuxServer.io add-on Repo. And then I installed docker add-on and Plex Media Server. Which I can't access through a web browser, because I was told that I have to forward a port between Docker and PMS, otherwise I won't be able to access it...

Anyway, if there's any easier way to install PMS, I'm all ears :)

Thank you

• I can try installing PMS straight from the zip file, but I found only older version 1.0.4. There is newer version in Docker.

ok, so version 1.0.4 is working fine and I managed to get in through index.html

Edited once, last by Martynet (October 7, 2018 at 2:32 PM).

• So the question now is, how do I update it? In setting, it says there is an update and then it says: install manually please. And it's a clickable link. If I click on that, my browser downloads this file: PlexMediaServer-1.13.8.5395-10d48da0d-arm7.spk

I found this link where is a list of commands for updating manually through SSH. Will give it a go and see if it worked.

Upgrade Plex Media Server with PlexPass on LibreElec via Command Line | naschenweng.info

• I installed LinuxServer.io add-on Repo. And then I installed docker add-on and Plex Media Server. Which I can't access through a web browser, because I was told that I have to forward a port between Docker and PMS, otherwise I won't be able to access it...

Anyway, if there's any easier way to install PMS, I'm all ears :)

Thank you

Don't know who told you that but that's inaccurate.

Post a log or I can't help you

See instructions in the pinned post about the docker addons in addon support

• Well the older version is working. Just need help with updating it manually.

The docker PMS version doesn't let me access it through web.

I could post a log if you tell me where it is.

• Did you install through the linuxserver docker addon or in docker yourself through command line or portainer?

The addon has plex run in host mode, so all ports should be exposed on the host automatically.

How did you conclude the port has to be forwarded?

Did you check the logs? Is plex running?

I have tried everything. So again, if I install older PMS 1.0.4, it's working but needs to be updated but the update package is in .spk package instead of .deb, which I think is required.

Anyway, I disabled this older Plex and installed the latest version from linuxserver addon. I enable the PMS, but can't login into it through the web. I'm attaching my log if it helps. Thanks for any advice.