LE 9.0-devel for more Hardware (Gemini / Coffee / Cannon / Ice Lake, AMD Vega / Raven APU) and luks, lvm2, dm-raid

• I still get a black screen on switching. If I set the Kodi gui to 30hz there is no problem. This only seems to happen on 1920x1080. There is also no problem if the Kodi gui is set to 3840x2160@60hz .

• Tested on NUC7PJYH connected to a Samsung LED TV over Yamaha AVR. No signal on every boot, I have to switch off/on the TV to get a picture.

After Kodi started, switching resolution seems to be ok so far.

Code
    can I say something,:)the best way test with a clean installation, my experience with syslinux. HDMI bug it only works fresh install
  • I still get a black screen on switching. If I set the Kodi gui to 30hz there is no problem. This only seems to happen on 1920x1080. There is also no problem if the Kodi gui is set to 3840x2160@60hz .

Same (in my case) for my braswell and broadwell Nuc in combination with AVR

Someone on Kodi forum almost 18 months ago said that was an issue caused by AVR (onkyo or Denon) and I found other users with AVR and same issue (something about clock delay due AVR passthrough )

After many months of bad WAF (everytime a blackscreen =force reboot) i read on libreelec forum that a solution was to force gui to 30hz and now I found this thread with same issue and same solution works

So probably is the same bug ?

• Same here with Onkyo 818, but since I have 4k TV my Kodi box is connected 2x HDMI so that 1x for audio to the Onkyo and 1x tv is used and I don't bother anymore.

• I get it to work on my old 1080p plasma but no image on my brand new 4k qled (QE65Q9FN )

Any log or something I should get out of the system as I get ssh acccess but no picture after the uefi boot screen?

• Roby77

No switching.

My HTPC has DP 1.2 and HDMI 1.4.

- DP 1.2 + Club 3D CAC-1070 = HDMI 2.0 connected to TV LG 55E6D

- HDMI 1.4 connected to Onkyo 818 just for Audio

In Kodi Video on DP1 and Audio on HDMI1

My 2nd old Haswell HTPC just for testing has 2x HDMI. Same setup. And the 3rd I a RPi2 also for testing, but that one is only to the Onkyo connected.

As remote control I use a Harmony Elite. For the Intel ones with Bluetooth and the raspi with a FLRC. I took me quite some time to set it up.

• I get it to work on my old 1080p plasma but no image on my brand new 4k qled (QE65Q9FN )

Any log or something I should get out of the system as I get ssh acccess but no picture after the uefi boot screen?

cause sometimes ago i also had coldboot problem a developer teach me to append to custom edid autostart also the resolution and refresh rate at autostart but i'm sorry i'm not able to tell you

so i have a string like that

BOOT_IMAGE=/KERNEL boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage ssh quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@50D

• Sorry missed the update notification (again).

I get it to work on my old 1080p plasma but no image on my brand new 4k qled (QE65Q9FN )

Is this with my #0612b build?

We're really not sure why some users (fortunately a very small number) don't get video after the UEFI boot screen. If you're able to connect to the Samba share, navigate to the Logfiles folder and try uploading the latest zip file to dropbox/googledrive/etc. and post the link. Inside are a number of logfiles, hopefully there might be a clue to what is happening. If you have two video outputs have you tried switching the video cable, it wouldn't be the first time an Intel box has started outputting video on one output only to switch it to the other output during boot.

milhouse Your build gets stuck at this point on my 2400g. (see picture here: Dropbox - 2018-06-11 10.11.09.jpg )

Is this still an issue for you? Googgling around it looks like the messages may be harmless, and the result of a poorly implemented BIOS.

Question #293489 : Questions : Ubuntu

Bug #1553690 “Lenovo Y700-17ISK: ACPI Errors” : Bugs : linux package : Ubuntu

Bug 1556967 – ACPI Error: [SMIC] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20170831/dswload-378)

Check your ACPI BIOS settings, or see if there's a BIOS update available?

• Roby77

AVR always on and sound of TV always off. I am nearly blind (viewing angel 4 degrees) and only use a video size of 50% (full size GUI), but I hear like a bat. So audio is 75% of the experience and i don't really care about power consumption. And because of that I invested a lot of money in my Nubert loudspeaker. It would be silly to not use them.

Edited once, last by sky42 (June 14, 2018 at 8:50 AM).

• It is build 0612b yes. Logfiles are here Dropbox - log-2018-06-14-12.02.58.zip

• laric, from your log i see it is an MSI B350I-PRO-AC with BIOS 1.5 and AGESA code 1.0.0.2a, this is the latest version, can you make please screenshots of your BIOS Settings? I can than compare with my ones on my Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac which is working fine with this build.