[S812] Build for Acemax M8S M8S+

• Anyone tried new Kerber's version (8.0.1) for M8S+?

temp

Im also looking for a Krypton (v17) M8S+ build. tried Kerbers today and it errors on the validity check when applying the update. and returns an error with the file, installation aborted.

I know my box can be updated as i have done many times before. Has anyone got a working build or had any luck with Kerbers version?

• I have tried it and all working fine with BCM 4335 not sure about AP6330

It is strange that previous Kerber's version (7.0.2.001) works perfect with my M8S+ (including wifi), but 8.0.1 nada (same symptoms as pepperami).

So if I have AP6330 how it's possible that 7.0.2.001 works great which is working great with BCM4335 also?

Edited once, last by dankec (April 5, 2017 at 8:35 AM).

• It is strange that previous Kerber's version (7.0.2.001) works perfect with my M8S+ (including wifi), but 8.0.1 nada (same symptoms as pepperami).

So if I have AP6330 how it's possible that 7.0.2.001 works great which is working great with BCM4335 also?

Yes the 7.0.2.001 version was also working fine.

New version 8.0.1 is perfect no issues at all checked wifi, bluetooth, 1080P, remote control etc. Everything is spot on.

I think you have Alexelec version kodi 17.1 working so you should be good.

• Yes the 7.0.2.001 version was also working fine.

New version 8.0.1 is perfect no issues at all checked wifi, bluetooth, 1080P, remote control etc. Everything is spot on.

I think you have Alexelec version kodi 17.1 working so you should be good.

No good. AlexELEC is working except Wifi and bluetooth.

But I still don't understand how 7.0.2.001 could work fine with both BCM4335 & AP6330 chip?
    Couldn't it be the same with 8.0.1?

• Thanks for this. I have dual boot my M8S box and its working great. However keen to have Krypton as this version is Jarvis only. Tried looking every website I can but no luck. Tried downloading Alexelec as alternative but the img file after unzipping shows it is corrupted.
    AlexELEC-S812.M8S.arm-2.2.2.img.gz. So no luck here as well. Has anyone been able to dual boot or flash a Liberelec version for Krypton? Woould be keen to learn.
    [hr]

This one: Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) and
    This one: MEGA (kodi 16.1)

I found AlexELEC zip file when downloaded and unzipped , shows it is a corrupted file and would not work. Have tried different browsers and computers but same results. Has anyone has been able to download and install ?
    [hr]

This one: Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) and
    This one: MEGA (kodi 16.1)

I found AlexELEC zip file when downloaded and unzipped , shows it is a corrupted file and would not work. Have tried different browsers and computers but same results. Has anyone has been able to download and install ?

Edited once, last by dbkalyan (May 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM).

• Hi,

I have an Acemax M8S+ running on an old kerber ROM (Openelec 6). It still works great, but the recent vulnerability has made me look for an update to the latest Kodi. After some research, I found this post as the final word for what I'm looking for. So thanks!

I'm going to try Kerber's latest (LE 8.0.2) as first option. But before I insert my toothpick I would like to know if there is something I need to do first? I mean, it's been a long time since I last flashed my box, it can't be that easy, right?

Thanks for the help!

• Hi mate

just download the .tar file and paste the file in update folder using SSH

Once the file is copied to "update" folder, just restart the unit and it would be updated.

Hope this helps