Accessing network problems, again- (Kind-of)SOLVED!

• Does your Windows 10 Kodi user account have administrator privileges ?

My Windows 10 Kodi user account is tagged as:

Local Account

Administrator

Password Protected

• I would check my posts #12 & 26 again and make sure you covered ALL settings. You could reboot your router and make sure the Windows 10 IP Address is the same.

It looks like you covered all bases. Make sure you don't add any slashes when inputting the IP Address or share folder.

You said it worked before you rebooted (restarted) your Windows 10 computer. Then the problem must be Windows 10. You could also try a Network Reset (last resort).

• I have an idea. Put some media files on your Windows 7 machine and see if you can access and play them. Don't forget to set-up password protected sharing on the Win7 machine.

Edited once, last by blueribb (May 17, 2018 at 5:35 PM).

• I would check my posts #12 & 26 again and make sure you covered ALL settings. You could reboot your router and make sure the Windows 10 IP Address is the same.

It looks like you covered all bases. Make sure you don't add any slashes when inputting the IP Address or share folder.

You said it worked before you rebooted (restarted) your Windows 10 computer. Then the problem must be Windows 10. You could also try a Network Reset (last resort).

Yep, all done and checked again.

I have an idea. Put some media files on your Windows 7 machine and see if you can access and play them. Don't forget to set-up password protected sharing on the Win7 machine.

I'll try that soon, thanks.

I have to reboot this PC for an unrelated reason, I'll see if it's any better after that.

• Reboot or reload Windows ?

Hell no! It's far too big a job for that.

Another idea as a temporary work-around ..... How do I read files off a USB stick with the LE box? It's got a USB port in the front and it's fairly easy to copy files from this pc to the stick and then to the LE box.

• No progress but some more info, perhaps.

(Yet again) I tried to add thus pc via the SMB share thingy, but without adding in the share folder name. The error window "connection refused" popped up. I also tried including adding the log-in for the Kodi user for this pc. I guess that means that it's at least trying to connect to this pc, right?

I tried various combinations of capitals, etc.

• Another idea as a temporary work-around ..... How do I read files off a USB stick with the LE box? It's got a USB port in the front and it's fairly easy to copy files from this pc to the stick and then to the LE box.

I tried doing what was in this video below, and surprise, surprise it doesn't work. Does anything work as it's supposed to LibreElec????

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Back to trying to get TVheadhnd working. It kept asking for a user name & password. I used the ones that I'd entered a short while before.
    Hey guess what? They don't work.
    So I uninstalled TVheadend back & front ends and then re-installed them. I specifically did not set any login names or passwords this time.
    Hey guess what? That doesn't work either. I keep on getting asked for log-in details that don't exist.

• Hell no! It's far too big a job for that.

Another idea as a temporary work-around ..... How do I read files off a USB stick with the LE box? It's got a USB port in the front and it's fairly easy to copy files from this pc to the stick and then to the LE box.

Use the built-in File Manager. With the Confluence skin it's under Settings - I assume somewhere similar if using Estuary.