@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

This thread is for discussion of LibreELEC images created by myself. If you prefer to use another OS, please keep discussion about that OS in other forums. Off-topic posts about other OS will be deleted to moved to other threads.

The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems.

I'm not interested in "opinions" about which system is better or worse. Want to discuss it - create your own theme.

I'm not interested in advertising other systems. Want to discuss it - create your own theme.

I'm not going to persuade anyone to use any system. Everyone decides what to use.

Test images LibreELEC KODI-19 for platform Amlogic S9xxx

To start the system from external media, you must use a universal multi-boot. This variant of multi-loading system is fully compatible with Armbian etc systems for TV boxes.

Please note that the DTB configuration order has changed.

Now a single configuration method is used for all Rockchip Allwinner Amlogic platforms. The file (uEnv.txt) is used for configuration DTB all platforms.

Now a single configuration method is used for all platforms, using the file (uEnv.txt). You need to edit this file to configure it. You need to uncomment the two lines that are responsible for your platform and specify the correct DTB for your model. If you use this image to run on the one platform, you can delete it from the settings file (uEnv.txt) strings from other platforms.

Pay attention. Starting from version 20200826, the configuration order for the used DTB changes.

Please note that the algorithm for initial configuration of the system for startup has changed. Instead of a file "uEnv.txt", is now used the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " . The rules for editing a file remain the same.

You no longer need to manually add the u-boot.ext file , it is included in the image.

Pay attention.

The installation algorithm in eMMC has changed. My recommend that you perform a clean installation in eMMC. Be sure to make a full backup of eMMC before installing it in eMMC.

For this purpose, the universal multiboot for AML has been updated. For the system to work correctly on AML, you need to update the multiboot.

Fix for correct color to G12

For models based on g12 (s905x2 s922), which have a problem not the correct color , to SD card to write the image and rename u-boot.sd to u-boot.ext, to USB to write the image and rename u-boot.usb to u-boot.ext

Important. Changed the directory location of the images. Now all images (for all supported platforms) are in one place.

LIBREELEC — Yandex.Disk

Important information. Starting from the date 20200327, the order of updating the system via the TAR archive changes. Now all images are divided into two groups (directories on the site) G12 and RK+AW+AML. Each group has a single TAR file, which is intended for updating all images from this group. I no longer release separate TAR files for each hardware variant. The TAR file is universal for all models in its group. Expanded the list of images for initial launch (writing to external media). The amlgxbb image is optimized for models with the s905 chip (in the future, it will be added to the EMMC installation mode for the s905). Currently supported installation in eMMC via the GUI is Kodi interface for s905x\s912\s905x2\s922x rk3328\rk3399 H6.

Please note that before installing in eMMC, you must create a full backup of eMMC. this will help in case of problems during installation, or you can return to the current state of the system in eMMC before performing the installation. Important. For the installation to work correctly in eMMC, you must update the universal multiboot to the latest version using the image from which you start the installation, i.e. before starting the installation re-activate the multiboot.

Creating a full eMMC backup is easy. Deploy the latest LE system from this theme (or Armbian) on any good media (SD card or USB media). The size of the media (SD card or USB flash drive) is selected depending on the EMMC data filling. For example, to create a full compressed copy of eMMC standard Android, media size of 8 GB is sufficient. Start the system on the TV box and in the LE settings menu, select work with eMMC and create a copy. The copy creation procedure starts, and the system shuts down automatically when it is complete. Depending on the parameters of the data size and speed of the media where the backup is being copied, the time may take approximately 5 to 40 minutes. After creating a copy, it is recommended to save the copy file in a safe place (PC, NAS, additional USB flash drive, etc.). The created copy file is located in the directory (/storage/backup/ddbr). When using Armbian with DE, the DDBR utility is used to create a copy (select the compressed copy option). Ease of using Armbian to create a copy, you can clearly see the entire process of creating a copy with progress indicators, and after creating a copy, you can immediately launch the browser from Armbian and place a copy on a shared resource. The copy in Armbian is located in the directory (/ddbr).

Chewitt is the official maintainer of AML, so its test images should be considered as "official" and discussed in the appropriate topic (which is specially created for such discussion). This topic only discusses images that I create. Please note that the official versions and my versions have a significant difference in the launch methods, settings, and functionality, so information about them should be placed in different topics (so as not to confuse users who try to use different images with incorrect configuration and management steps). We kindly ask everyone to correctly place your information in the appropriate topics, do not create unnecessary problems for others.

• Added a version of the image for KVIM assembled in "arm" mode (32 bits). In the near future, i'm adding a similar option (arm) and For the s905 version.

To test this version myself (arm and aarch64), I found that the version of "arm" noticeable increased load on the CPU and higher heat TV boxes. I'm ask those who have the ability to compare the behavior of arm and aarch64 versions to estimate the load and heat.

For those who want to simplify the process of adding support for your remote, I suggest to send me the settings files (to include them immediately in the image). This will allow you to easily (simply rename the file in the shared directory), immediately turn on the desired remote control.

• Hi is this working on odroid C2?

It's possible. There is no built-in u-boot as part of the images, so additional steps are required to run on the Odroid C2 and LePotato models. Depending on the launch plan, you need to take different steps. For example, you can have a basic SYSTEM (it can be any system - Linux, Libreelec etc) in eMMC and run this test Le image from SD or USB stick (without changing the existing system in eMMC). Ie. please note: if the eMMC runs full-time system from eMMC if I connect a external storage with SD card or USB flash drive, at power-up will automatically start the system with these carriers. I described one possible use case. There other SD + USB or SD only. Write, what option you are planning to use and I will write what steps need to be additionally done.

• I recommend that you first run the test LE-KODI-18 from an external USB drive. If everything works correctly (all the functions you need will work), you can easily migrate this system to eMMC. Do you have any USB flash drive > 2GB?

Yes i have,

What steps i need to install on usb flash drive?

• you can compile the aarch64 for s912 version ? Thanks.

To do this, need to collect "libhibris" in aarch64 mode. But such version not.

sometimes subtitles stutters in S905x ( Some 720p movies occasionally creates subtitles stuttering 8 or 9 builds). I m also using nougat based 7.0j build (Kszaq). No subtitles stuttering are visible in 7.0 based build.

By default, the frequency in dtb is already enabled at 666. The above parameter is no.

linux-amlogic/gxl_p212_2g.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

• Updated image Libreelec_s905_aarch64_20180425.

Other options for s912 and arm will be added later as build and test.

Major change.

1. The shared dtb file (dtb.img) is excluded from the image. The startup script will attempt to use dtb data from internal memory. If the system fails to start in this mode, you must manually copy the correct file from the /device_trees directory to the root and rename it to "dtb.img " (this principle is exactly the same as it has long been used in all Armbian images). You can try all the files in a row, until you have selected an option with full support for all iron TV box.

2. Added the ability to easily connect the settings file for the remote. It must be copied to the directory /storage/.config/rc_keymaps named remote-ir.conf. Additional manipulations are not required. Now already have one settings file for Khadas VIM\VIM2. If someone wants to add their own choices in the images - to send it to me indicating the model of the TV box.