@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• I decided to give this a test and initially was able to boot up from the SD card successfully but I noticed that whilst I had WiFi, there was no Ethernet connectivity shown.

So I swapped out the q201 2g dtb with the one that I had previously been using that has ethernet (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb) but then unfortunately it would not boot at all.

• Hello.

I just installed your new build to emmc (after doing backup with your implemented).

The system shut down, then it restarted OK direct to LE.

But I have no "reboot to Android" in power off menu.

Any idea?

• I just installed your new build to emmc (after doing backup with your implemented).

The system shut down, then it restarted OK direct to LE.

But I have no "reboot to Android" in power off menu.

Any idea?

1. What model of TV box ?

2. What is the version of the LE image used ?

3. Write in detail the steps you did.

I decided to give this a test and initially was able to boot up from the SD card successfully but I noticed that whilst I had WiFi, there was no Ethernet connectivity shown.

So I swapped out the q201 2g dtb with the one that I had previously been using that has ethernet (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb) but then unfortunately it would not boot at all.

1. The version of the image LE ?

2. Where did you get this dtb (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb) ?

For all.

When asking a question, be sure to specify the version of the LE image that you are trying. Without specifying the version of the image, there will be no response.

• I am using the latest image LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-20180920164743-905fd26.img.

I put a link to the dtb as part of the name in the last post.

gxm_q201_2g_1gbit

Thanks

• I'm using your last development build on an mecool m8s pro.

I did further test and found that installation to emmc was unsuccessful (that's why I have no reboot to Android menu).

After a while An error message appears after trying to install to emmc (but too quick disappear to read it)

Edit : I tried to manually test your install2emmc script via ssh

The first command fails

Code
    umount -f /dev/system
    umount: can't unmount /dev/system: Invalid argument

Edited once, last by chataigne73: I (September 25, 2018 at 10:59 PM).

• I am using the latest image LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-20180920164743-905fd26.img.

I put a link to the dtb as part of the name in the last post.

There is no such file in the image. Therefore, it is built outside the source kernel that is used in the image and will not be able to work with it.

Edit : I tried to manually test your install2emmc script via ssh

The first command fails

Show the entire output of the script. The specified error may not be critical (in some cases). What system is installed in eMMC ?

• There is no such file in the image. Therefore, it is built outside the source kernel that is used in the image and will not be able to work with it.

Show the entire output of the script. The specified error may not be critical (in some cases). What system is installed in eMMC ?

Thanks for the confirmation.

• Please note that for the correct operation of the new installation system in eMMC it is NECESSARY to update the universal multi-boot using the latest LE image. To update the universal multi-boot, you can use either the toothpick method or by running the Android application (local update using the archive "aml_autoscript.zip"). Without this procedure, after you install LE in eMMC, LE will not start, would only run regular Android.

• Can anybody give me a hint where to start with my VIM? I managed to run the latest LE Beta from SD card, using the Upgrade Mode (Press and hold power - Short Press Reset - Count to 10 - release power)

However I wanted to try a build from balbes150 and downloaded aarch64 images which i installed to my SD.

Booting the Upgrade Mode leads me to Android Recover Menue.

I'd appreciate any hint to get a working SD card setup which can later be installed to emmc.

Thx a lot

Regards

Dom

edit: Ok maybe I just made a mistake thinking I could use any of those builds on my device. Everything worked with LibreELEC-Khadas_VIM.arm-9.1-devel-20180927113027-779d3c8.img.

Edited once, last by doemer (September 28, 2018 at 10:32 PM).

• Hi Balbes150, I just did a fresh install to external drive which was fine, but I could find any addon such as PVR, I got message like system cannot connect to repository, is there a way to side load Libreelec repo?

Thanks

• downloaded aarch64 images which i installed to my SD.

what image have you tried ?

I just did a fresh install to external drive which was fine, but I could find any addon such as PVR, I got message like system cannot connect to repository, is there a way to side load Libreelec repo?

Wait for psychics who will guess what model of TV box you have, what version of the image and so on.

• Hey Balbes150

Meanwhile I figured out how it works.

I used the latest build for KVIM ARM and updated to the aarch64 build using the no compat file to switch between the architectures.

:thumbup:

Thx a lot

Regards

Dom

• New kernel image 3.14 (20181008). By default, when you select the menu item "Libreelec->Services - >Install to eMMC", the installation option is executed in eMMC with full saving of the regular Android. This means that if you select "Reboot from Android" in the shutdown menu, the system will be rebooted and the regular Android will be started. For a "clean" installation in eMMC (with the removal of the standard Android), you must first rename the script "erase_android_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh". In this case, all data from Android in the "/dev/system" and "/dev/data" sections will be erased and Librelec will be written instead.

Please note that for the correct operation of the installation in eMMC it is necessary to update the universal multi-boot using these images.

To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file "uEnv.ini" (edit the file name that will be used at startup).

• Hello Balbes, I found the new images and tried to replace the 0920 build on my U9-H S912. The tar replaced fine but I can't for the life of me get it to boot. I tried it on a second device which has slightly older firmware and this loaded fine. How do I see why its sticking on load. Is there any log produced I can get to?