Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx

• Test images LibreELEC KODI-18 Leia for platform Amlogic S9xxx

To start the system from external media, you must use a universal multi-boot. This variant of multi-loading system is fully compatible with Armbian etc systems for TV boxes. If it is already activated with the previous images, you do not need to repeat the activation.

Dir Leia-18

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

Test variants of Libreelec KODI-18 (Leia) images for s812.

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

• Added a version of the image for KVIM assembled in "arm" mode (32 bits). In the near future, i'm adding a similar option (arm) and For the s905 version.

To test this version myself (arm and aarch64), I found that the version of "arm" noticeable increased load on the CPU and higher heat TV boxes. I'm ask those who have the ability to compare the behavior of arm and aarch64 versions to estimate the load and heat.

For those who want to simplify the process of adding support for your remote, I suggest to send me the settings files (to include them immediately in the image). This will allow you to easily (simply rename the file in the shared directory), immediately turn on the desired remote control.

• Hi is this working on odroid C2?

It's possible. There is no built-in u-boot as part of the images, so additional steps are required to run on the Odroid C2 and LePotato models. Depending on the launch plan, you need to take different steps. For example, you can have a basic SYSTEM (it can be any system - Linux, Libreelec etc) in eMMC and run this test Le image from SD or USB stick (without changing the existing system in eMMC). Ie. please note: if the eMMC runs full-time system from eMMC if I connect a external storage with SD card or USB flash drive, at power-up will automatically start the system with these carriers. I described one possible use case. There other SD + USB or SD only. Write, what option you are planning to use and I will write what steps need to be additionally done.

• I have a emmc 32gb attached to my odroid c2. Is it possible to install your build on my emmc?

I recommend that you first run the test LE-KODI-18 from an external USB drive. If everything works correctly (all the functions you need will work), you can easily migrate this system to eMMC. Do you have any USB flash drive > 2GB?

• I recommend that you first run the test LE-KODI-18 from an external USB drive. If everything works correctly (all the functions you need will work), you can easily migrate this system to eMMC. Do you have any USB flash drive > 2GB?

Yes i have,

What steps i need to install on usb flash drive?

• What steps i need to install on usb flash drive?

What system is now in eMMC (what kernel and dtb are used in it) ? Depends on whether or not you want to add a separate dtb to the LE image.

• What for?

sometimes subtitles stutters in S905x ( Some 720p movies occasionally creates subtitles stuttering 8 or 9 builds). I m also using nougat based 7.0j build (Kszaq). No subtitles stuttering are visible in 7.0 based build.

• you can compile the aarch64 for s912 version ? Thanks.

To do this, need to collect "libhibris" in aarch64 mode. But such version not.

sometimes subtitles stutters in S905x ( Some 720p movies occasionally creates subtitles stuttering 8 or 9 builds). I m also using nougat based 7.0j build (Kszaq). No subtitles stuttering are visible in 7.0 based build.

By default, the frequency in dtb is already enabled at 666. The above parameter is no.

linux-amlogic/gxl_p212_2g.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

• Updated image Libreelec_s905_aarch64_20180425.

Other options for s912 and arm will be added later as build and test.

Major change.

1. The shared dtb file (dtb.img) is excluded from the image. The startup script will attempt to use dtb data from internal memory. If the system fails to start in this mode, you must manually copy the correct file from the /device_trees directory to the root and rename it to "dtb.img " (this principle is exactly the same as it has long been used in all Armbian images). You can try all the files in a row, until you have selected an option with full support for all iron TV box.

2. Added the ability to easily connect the settings file for the remote. It must be copied to the directory /storage/.config/rc_keymaps named remote-ir.conf. Additional manipulations are not required. Now already have one settings file for Khadas VIM\VIM2. If someone wants to add their own choices in the images - to send it to me indicating the model of the TV box.