@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• @chewitt: Thank you for the info, that sounds very good (except for the slow development of the vdec driver).

First and foremost, I wanted to rule out the device-tree as an accident/non-boot source of errors for the image.

So it have been the vdec.

What is missing, I have to try it out first,

I haven't even thought of LEDs, keymaps, bluetooth, wifi, display, etc. until now.

Edited once, last by _emanuel_ ().

• _emanuel_ Have a play with this image LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.95.1-box.img.gz .. I've no real idea what is in Oleg's images these days but I know the content of my own ones. The boot files are slightly different.. set the dtb name in uEnv.ini and leave the u-boot.ext file out for now; colours will be messed up but best to keep things simple at first.

• Hi balbes150 finally I was able to try all the gxbb DTBs for my Beelink M18.

I tried your build from 14.04 in the ARMv8.arm Version

Wifi is working with the wetek play 2 version (ethernet as well).

Is there a important difference from an end user perspektive in ARM and aarch64 (I know this is the register stuff from the CPU).

I am asking because video is not working well in TVHeadend. The first HD channel is somehow OK, but changing channels do not work. Sometimes even the switch to fullscreen gives a problem. dark grey screen for video.

If someone is interested I could upload the remote configuration.

Edited once, last by tavoc ().

• @chewitt sorry, I didn't find any LibreELEC-S905.arm-9x for K19 on this thread.

I have an MXV box with 1GB RAM and S905 chipset. (Hope to run K19 on it...)

Can you help me with an link or something? On yandex disk I couldn't find any image to fit my chipset.

Thanks!

Nick

• @chewitt - can you please tell me if the dtb are the same from (LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012l.img) where my box it's running perfectly with gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb to be put on this release as well? 9.95.2? I think not but worth a try to ask you before. Thanks!

No. LE 7.x-9.x is using Linux 3.14 kernel and LE10 images are using 5.10+ .. everything is different.

• balbes150

I noticed that updates for aml g12 are missing in the recent releases.

Do you plan to continue supporting this platform? If not could you please share more info on how to build such myself?

Thanks!

• balbes150

I noticed that updates for aml g12 are missing in the recent releases.

Do you plan to continue supporting this platform? If not could you please share more info on how to build such myself?

Thanks!

I don't have any working devices with AML left, so I don't test or release them anymore.

• Good day. I have an Mini M8S Pro device on a Amlogic s912 (ram 2Gb). Is it possible to install LibreELEC (KODI 19) on it. If possible, please tell me which image you need to download from the Yandex disk from the first page. I cannot figure out which image will fit this processor. I cannot find adequate information on this device. Sorry for my English, thanks in advance...

• LE for Аmlogic is dead forever? Or be official builds for this platform?

Odroid C2 2GB/Odroid N2 4GB/Rockpro64 4GB/Clone MXIII Plus 8-1.5GB

• I wouldn't say dead, but I'm on hiatus for a while now since I don't have much free time for kerenel fiddling (busy in the real-world) and vdec development has been stalled for two years, so from a Kodi perspective there are no improvements to be excited about. There is still ongoing work on the Amlogic SOC platform overall.. the core OS is solid and increasingly used by industrial use, desktop and some of the retro gaming distros; but all of those have primary use-cases that do not depend on multimedia capabilities in the same way LE/Kodi does.

• I wouldn't say dead, but I'm on hiatus for a while now since I don't have much free time for kerenel fiddling (busy in the real-world) and vdec development has been stalled for two years, so from a Kodi perspective there are no improvements to be excited about. There is still ongoing work on the Amlogic SOC platform overall.. the core OS is solid and increasingly used by industrial use, desktop and some of the retro gaming distros; but all of those have primary use-cases that do not depend on multimedia capabilities in the same way LE/Kodi does.

Thank you chewitt

Odroid C2 2GB/Odroid N2 4GB/Rockpro64 4GB/Clone MXIII Plus 8-1.5GB