What do I need to buy for ODROID C2?

• Im going to purchase ODROID C2

The purpose is for libreelec only.

What should I purchase other than ODROID C2?

1. How much space of EMMC do I require for huge amount of Libreelec library (8-128GB)?

2. Android or Linux EMMC?

3. Should I buy EMMC module writer?

4. Should I buy EMMC module reader board for os update?

Thanks.

• Before I even answer the S905 in the C2 does not support HDR and never will.

Having said that it will be the fastest AML LE device going around when Overclocked and used with eMMC flash storage and a Wireless remote.

1. 8GB eMMC is enough unless you have a pretty large media library. 16GB eMMC's have quicker write speeds vs 8GB.

2. Does not matter you will be overwriting it anyway.

3. You need the eMMC Module Reader which you then attach the eMMC card to and that then gets slotted into a microSDHC > SD card adapter. You will not be able to flash LE to eMMC flash storage without the Module Reader

4. So it goes eMMC > eMMC Module Reader > microSDHC > SD card adapter. They piggy back on to each other so you can flash LE to eMMC using a PC.

5. Black C2 cases look the best. :thumbup:

6. I simply use a USB-DC Plug cable to power the C2 from a USB port on my TV. It's enough stable power for a mini USB BT dongle as well.

Works well because the C2 powers OFF / ON with the TV.

LE C2 with eMMC flash boots in under 10 seconds.

W.

• My Khadas VIM is dead. Dont buy it. Wasted huge amount of time trying to work it out.

Just because YOUR Khadas device has suffered some sort of malfunction, doesn't mean ALL Khadas devices are "trash". If that was really the case, many more people would have complained a long time ago already.

So I suggest you keep your calm and stop making wild accusations before you get kicked off this forum.

• The VIM is just about the best hardware package out there, but support is poor. It would be a piece of junk (or an android toy) for practical purposes if it wasn't for the CE team.

However in your particular case you flashed an incompatible ROM onto your VIM1 which always runs the risk of an irrecoverable hard brick and the Khadas team tried to help you.

Shoog

Edited once, last by Shoog (April 22, 2018 at 8:47 AM).

• I have edited the post appropriately. I managed to fixed my Khadas.

Still here are the things to consider before buying Khadas

1. official firmware crashes a lot. even when using default preinstall app. community made apps are much better.

2. instruction guide are confusing. you will have trouble following the instruction. for example, in one guide you were instructed to power your khadas. nowhere it mention to power it by connecting to pc usb. and in another guide you are required to connect to power plug usb(not pc) which is also never mention. little details like this are omitted and you will spend hours thinking what were you doing wrong.

3. emmc is burned in. emmc have limited lifespan. when it dies, you have no way of replacing it.

• I have a C2 running and it is not stable. Crashes and freezes with libreelec all the time. Not sure why. I am going to buy a different box as i have basically given up on it.