RPI 1B stuck on splash

• My RPi 1B is stuck on the LE splash screen. However, I can SSH into it.

Kodi.log is only about 23 lines ending with

DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

and then stuck on load settings...

What the heck does that mean and how would that come about? The Pi has been sitting around doing nothing for a couple of weeks.

Edited once, last by donbrew (May 5, 2018 at 9:04 PM).

• So you're saying this started out of the blue?

Do you have a crash log? Run "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log | pastebinit" and paste the link.

it could be disk corruption, can you also run "journalctl -a| pastebinit" and "df -h | pastebinit" and post the links.

• To receive support in here, I would start with removing banned addons/repositories frist. And you have a bunch of them.

If you keep them you won't get support.

• Yeah, the banned addons don't help.

However kodi isn't crashing accroding to journalctl (the crash log you uploaded dates from January) so there is no obvious reason why Kodi is freezing - I would suggest renaming /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi.bak and rebooting - this will allow Kodi to start with a clean folder and without any addons. If that doesn't work then I would suggest trying with a new SD card.

The RPi does have a history of destroying SD cards - fortunately those days are long behind us. Now, when an SD card dies the RPi is no better/no worse than any other device - SD cards (in fact, all Flash-based storage) does have a finite lifetime.

• I have a pile of class 10 SD cards (5 or six), some in service for less than a week, that will not even register on a linux or Windows computer. And several Micro SD adapters that have been trashed mysteriously. Oddly enough the longest lasting SD card I have is a class 4 that I bought out of desperation on a holiday from the drugstore; it has been in use for about 5 years, on and off I call it "old faithful".

I deleted the log link. and ended up just re installing since I don't ever use those add ons and this Pi is basically a test bed.