I need Help to choose the right Box and Chipset.

• Hello everyone,

I need a little help to choose the right box.

I've had already read many tutorials but my problem is that i don't know which Box is the best.

So should i buy a Box with s912 or with 905x Chipset?

First is newer but i have also read that the Boxes could be Very hot.

I would use theese boxes only for Play Mkvs (DVD and Blu-ray)

Another Question of me is . I need to Press the reset Button inside the AV Port, but i Don't want to do IT every Start . IS the solution to Install IT to the internal memory?

Thanks for Reading and answer my Question.

Could YouTube give me Dome Tips to improve my english?

I am from Germany..

Edited once, last by __:-)__ (April 14, 2018 at 9:59 AM).

• First, to press the reset button in AV port in order to boot from SD/USB you need to do this ONLY ONCE. You do it only the first time when installing the image. After the image is installed your box will boot automaticaly to SD if the card is inserted. If SD card is not inseted the box will boot to internal Android...

Second, if you buy S912 box choose a big one like X92, because those big boxes have no cooling problems.

• Well, I don't want to suggest which box or SoC you should buy, only suggested to buy a big box for less cooling problems.

Which is better, is not for me to say. IR remote works, but I don't use it at all.

What do you mean by "What is with Display", which display?

• First is newer but i have also read that the Boxes could be Very hot.

I would use theese boxes only for Play Mkvs (DVD and Blu-ray)

If you are worried about device longevity and do not need 4K HDR then simply buy a S905 MINIX U1 that has a class leading heat sink AND a nice integrated wireless remote AND Gigabit Ethernet.

No need to even use a reset button. You simply hold in the power button for 6 seconds or more to boot to LE the very first time from a micro SDHC card.

• I choosed the Minix U9-H for its large heatsink and the Gigabit connexion

The box is not cheap but it works perfectly to watch 4k hdr movies with LE 8.2.4 from kszaq/wrxtasy (MEGA)

MINIX-NEO-U9-H-Teardown.jpg

• Thanks for the nice answers. I will only Play FHD Blu-rays.

Okay ... My Budget for this boxes is 45 -50€.

I have already Seen some Boxes with an small OLED Display. Is this working fine?

• Thanks!

It Looks that IT could be a little Bit of Work.

I think that my best choice IS a 905x box.

This Chipset shouldn't have some temp Problems.. i think so.

• Had a couple of X96, and it has cooling problem, although not as much as X96Mini, due to the idiotic cooling method that is used on those boxes.

If you want to stream only FHD, than 100MB Lan is enough. For UHD you need 1GB.

• So one Last Question...

Now I've already read the Thread about the S912 Image . How stabile is this Box by using this Image?

I know there is an Problem with the Video drivers .

So now i'm Not shure which Box should I buy.

What could you suggest?

• There is no problem using "problematic" video drivers if you play your content with Hardware_Decoding set to ON

My X92 box is VERY stable running CE.9.0_devel image. I have no problems with it except that it sometimes it takes a few minutes to turn OFF, but not every time, so it does not bother me :)