S812

• Just joined up project looks fantastic! I have a couple s812 devices that I managed to get kerbers OE to work however they were early builds and when trying to upgrade to 16+ Kodi I bricked the device. Maybe a clone? Anyhow wondering if you have a build specific for s812 that I could try to revive? Thanks in advance... Sl33py

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Just joined up project looks fantastic! I have a couple s812 devices that I managed to get kerbers OE to work however they were early builds and when trying to upgrade to 16+ Kodi I bricked the device. Maybe a clone? Anyhow wondering if you have a build specific for s812 that I could try to revive? Thanks in advance... Sl33py

Hi Sl33pyguy,

which S812 devices do you have?

• Hi,
    I also have an S812 box, Droidbox T8-S to be exact. I tried installing Alex build for M8S and, though it installed without errors, upon reboot it gets stuck on amlogic logo. I don't know if this happens becasuse this Droidbox T8-S uses eMMC flash, instead of NAND like the M8S.
    It has been lying around the house for a long time now and I wish I could flash it with LibreELEC. It is a good box, not as fast as the S905 but its build quality is very good.
    Hopefully you can have a LibreELEC build for it soon.
    Thanks in advance.

**Update***
    I just installed LibreELEC S82 build LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.zip and it is working beautifuly. It is blazing fast and stable for an Alpha.
    Thank you very much for your work Drieschel. I really appreciate it.

Edited once, last by Majorero (August 9, 2016 at 11:35 PM).

• I wanted to add a S812 project to my fork, so I could maybe try to start with M8S. Would you test for me?

Yes I can test I have many... Kerbers 5.95.3 was last successful OE on ones that are bricked but I have also I can even send you a box. Bricked or unbricked. Let me know. Cheers

• Fixed !

But managed to brick my box and cant get a working firmware to boot, stuck on Amlogic boot logo

Did you try unbricking it by installing an android version over otg? Here is a tutorial: How to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to manually update firmware - AndroidPCReview

Yes I can test I have many... Kerbers 5.95.3 was last successful OE on ones that are bricked but I have also I can even send you a box. Bricked or unbricked. Let me know. Cheers

A working device would be great. Will write you my address by pm.

• I did try USB burning tool but was unsuccessful. Also the whole jumping pins etc is a pain really as my supplier generally takes any boxes I brick back. Simply put I prefer Linux over Android in regards to boxes. If you can make LE work and stay updated I'd be more than willing to contribute hardware and help in anyway with testing etc. PM me and we can figure out an easy way to contact each other. Skype, Telegram etc.
    Cheers

• I did try USB burning tool but was unsuccessful. Also the whole jumping pins etc is a pain really as my supplier generally takes any boxes I brick back. Simply put I prefer Linux over Android in regards to boxes. If you can make LE work and stay updated I'd be more than willing to contribute hardware and help in anyway with testing etc. PM me and we can figure out an easy way to contact each other. Skype, Telegram etc.
    Cheers

Sent you a pm.

Yes , but still stuck on Amlogic boot logo

That's bad. Can you enter the recovery mode by using toothpic method?

• I've installed LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.zip on my Droidbox T8-S and it worked very well except for the remote control. I tried installing the remote.conf file for the T8 but it did not work. I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I just dropped the file in configfiles folder in libreELEC. I also installed the T8 version of LibreELEC on a T8 box I had collecting dust for lack of use and that one works very well too, even the remote control.
    Thank you very much. Now my two boxes came back to life.

• I've installed LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.zip on my Droidbox T8-S and it worked very well except for the remote control. I tried installing the remote.conf file for the T8 but it did not work. I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I just dropped the file in configfiles folder in libreELEC. I also installed the T8 version of LibreELEC on a T8 box I had collecting dust for lack of use and that one works very well too, even the remote control.
    Thank you very much. Now my two boxes came back to life.

Is the remote control from T8-S the same like your T8 has?