LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• X8 Plus

Tested live TV, Youtube, Movie etc.

Manual ip settings works. Great!

No crashes "with"|"without" white-list and adjust refresh rate on|off tested every possible way.

Just the Power off system reboots, seems to be my plaque with Kodi 18.1 :)

• Hello

I have a MiniX Neo X8-H Plus.

I am now using your build for kodi 17.6 but there is the problem regarding the shutdown.

Is there any way to fix this in the new builds?

thanks in advance for your work

• Experimental : LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190310183315-782f78e.img

!!!!!!! use it on a spare SD !!!!!!!

fix :

• ethernet: set a manual Ip address is possible
    • kodi doesn't freeze if a whitelist isn't define and if adjust refresh rate isn't activated.

builded from LE-test (based on LibreELEC-9.x)

And for the x8-hp.

Again, use it on a spare SD.

LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-9.1-devel-20190311010121-555ace9.img

not yet working : wifi, bluetooth

feedbacks are welcome.

• Kudos to you datrh, I appreciate the work you put into supporting these older devices.

I have flashed LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190202113853-8798984.img.gz to my Minix X8-H Plus. I have read through the previous 24 pages, and saw a few mentions of the issue I was experiencing (i.e. pushing stop button on most video hangs the device).

The old monitor I'm using doesn't support 24p. I have enabled (set to always) adjust refresh rate and added 1080p@60fps & 1080p@50fps to the whitelist, which seemed to resolve the issue intermittently, sometimes it still hangs.

I tried the newer version briefly (LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-9.1-devel-20190311010121-555ace9.img), but it seems to be missing the InputStream Adaptive plugins.

Cheers!

Edited 5 times, last by madhatt (March 15, 2019 at 4:01 AM).

• LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984 (Kodi 18) = true power off

on what ? a x8, x8plus, x8-h ?

And what do you mean by true power off ?

would like to narrow my "holy power-off" search :p

EDIT :

ok i found it , use the search as once a wise man told me. you're using a x8-plus.

Btw, what android firmware are you using?

Edited 3 times, last by datrh (March 12, 2019 at 6:21 PM).

• Firmware = Finless lollipop rom 1-0 for the X8h(it works fine on the x8 Plus) , dont know if I can post the link here but I am sure that you know to find it if needed. True Power off = with the kodi power menu or remote control(original) I can shut the box down. So there is no standby or sleep. To turn the box back on I just punch the button on the box and voila it start back up. No need to remove power-plug at any time!

Using your test "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190310183315-782f78e.img" to USB-stick right now and it works Great, Cant get it to crash and I throw anything against it! Cant wait for a final version as it play's stuf very smooth.

On the "X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984" I hads to turn off hardware accel. as it would hang sometimes.

btw. the box is NOT rooted, took that out.

• Firmware = Finless lollipop rom 1-0 for the X8h(it works fine on the x8 Plus) , dont know if I can post the link here but I am sure that you know to find it if needed. True Power off = with the kodi power menu or remote control(original) I can shut the box down. So there is no standby or sleep. To turn the box back on I just punch the button on the box and voila it start back up. No need to remove power-plug at any time!

Using your test "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190310183315-782f78e.img" to USB-stick right now and it works Great, Cant get it to crash and I throw anything against it! Cant wait for a final version as it play's stuf very smooth.

On the "X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984" I hads to turn off hardware accel. as it would hang sometimes.

btw. the box is NOT rooted, took that out.

that is exciting. i also have finless installed and only have two issues:
    shutdown
    sometimes the box freezes when stopping a video

I'm ready to test if wifi is added :)

well well well..

I got it.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

It looks promising.

• tested on x8-h with the kodi 18 final image and indeed the shutdown works as expected.

finless rom is based on the probox ex2 firmware so it's a different bootloader.

no comment on the finless splashscreen. i will mod the latest minix firmware with finless bootloader files.

big tks Klaver7 , ive got now a good basis.

feedbacks are really important and not just what isn't working.

• tested on x8-h with the kodi 18 final image and indeed the shutdown works as expected.

finless rom is based on the probox ex2 firmware so it's a different bootloader.

no comment on the finless splashscreen. i will mod the latest minix firmware with finless bootloader files.

big tks Klaver7 , ive got now a good basis.

feedbacks are really important and not just what isn't working.

finless splashscreen has too much flair for you?? :D

• Kudos to you datrh, I appreciate the work you put into supporting these older devices.

I have flashed LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190202113853-8798984.img.gz to my Minix X8-H Plus. I have read through the previous 24 pages, and saw a few mentions of the issue I was experiencing (i.e. pushing stop button on most video hangs the device).

The old monitor I'm using doesn't support 24p. I have enabled (set to always) adjust refresh rate and added 1080p@60fps & 1080p@50fps to the whitelist, which seemed to resolve the issue intermittently, sometimes it still hangs.

I tried the newer version briefly (LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190310183315-782f78e.img), but it seems to be missing the InputStream Adaptive plugins.

Cheers!

Setting the whitelist and enabling the adjust refresh doesn't seem to resolve the issue with videos hanging on stop or rewind/forward. Disabling the amlogic hardware acceleration fixes that issue, but is not ideal.

Edited 3 times, last by madhatt (March 14, 2019 at 6:12 AM).