Can't turn off DSP

• Hi everyone,

Let me be clear upfront that this is not a complaint thread about the deprecation of DSP. I searched and found a lot of those, but I have the opposite problem. DSP is enabled and I can't disable it since it's not in the system menu anymore. I didn't even know it was until I was watching a source where the audio was a little off and I went to change the audio offset and could not because only the "Audio DSP..." option is available in the OSD.

I have tried directly modifying guisetttings.xml but the change won't stick no matter what I do. My guisettings has the value:

<dspaddonsenabled>true</dspaddonsenabled>

When I change it to "false" and restart, it goes back to "true". I'm running LibreElec on a Rasberry Pi 2. So far I have tried:

-Direct editing through SMB from a Windows Machine

-Replace the file through SMB

-Replace the file through SFTP

-SSH into the Pi (mount -o remount -rw on the folder) and direct editing using vi

Every time I restart, the guisettings.xml reverts back to the "true" setting.

Any suggestions besides wiping the SD Card and doing a fresh install? I don't really want to go through the hassle of redoing all my personal tweaks and setting up all the file shares again. Am I chasing the wrong setting?

• Further guesses .....

Have you tried deleting the line?

<dspaddonsenabled>true</dspaddonsenabled>

I also wonder if disable is valid as in

<dspaddonsdisabled>true</dspaddonsdisabled>

• If you're going to edit guisettings.xml then do so once Kodi has been shut down (as Kodi will overwrite guisettings.xml on shutdown, overwriting your changes). To be honest I'd just delete guisettings.xml and reconfigure your settings, but now without DSP (which, by the way has just been removed from Kodi 18 as DSP is no longer maintained).