Pi3 Model B+ Stuck on Rainbow Screen

• Hi all,

Just got an updated Pi and eagerly went to use LibreElec but annoyingly I can't get it past the rainbow screen when the Pi Starts.

I've used different memory cards, written the image from different laptops, all to no avail.

If I put the freshly written card in the standard 3 it boots right away.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious..

Any help much appreciated :)

• If you write the "RPi" (0/1) LE 8.2.4 image and use on RPi3B+ you get rainbow screen. If you write the "RPi2" (2/3) LE 8.2.3 image (or older) and use on RPi3B+ you get rainbow screen. If you write the "RPi2" 8.2.4 image all should be good.

• 1) Check you really do have a Pi3+ - you wouldn't be the first that thought they had a Pi2 or Pi3 when in fact they had a Pi1, perhaps you've been shipped the wrong device? If the RPi is inside a case then open it up and visually confirm it is actually a Pi3+. Installing/booting the wrong image is the most common reason for the rainbow splash.

2) Try installing the latest firmware to your SD card (some devices have problems with the current 8.2.4 firmware). Extract the contents of new-firmware.zip into the root of the SD card, overwriting the three files of the same name.

3) You may have a faulty device - are you able to boot Raspbian?