Wake on Lan from LibreELEC to Synology NAS

• Hi,

I've been very happily using LibreELEC on a RPi2 and now RPi3 with my Synology NAS. I'm using NFS shares on the NAS, accessing via IP address and everything has been working perfectly for years. I'm now on LibreELEC version 8.2.4.

I'm trying to set up the Wake on Lan settings, so that Kodi wakes up my NAS when it needs to access it. This way I can power down the NAS between uses. Wake-on-Lan on the NAS is working fine, and I can wake the NAS up almost instantly from any other computer on the network.

I'm getting the "Waking up Server" dialog, but my NAS is not receiving the magic WOL packet. If I manually wake up the NAS from another computer everything recovers. If I don't, then eventually, after the second wait, Kodi says that the file no longer exists and asks if I want to remove it from the library.

Looking though the forum, I found confusing statements as to whether the WOL function existed in LibreELEC. :?:Can anyone confirm to me that it does?:?: I don't mind debugging on my network, but not if I'm wasting my time. :/

Thanks in advance!

• WOL packets from other wifi devices work on this network, which is why I'm wondering if kodi is defaulting to sending the packets via ethernet. Unfortunately, there is no etherwake or similar command on the libreelec build.

• WOL packets from other wifi devices work on this network, which is why I'm wondering if kodi is defaulting to sending the packets via ethernet. Unfortunately, there is no etherwake or similar command on the libreelec build.

I saw that on openelec to lay out compiled files, but the links are already out of date.

Can someone compile etherwake for libreelec? I am planning to use this file via ssh

• Code
    wget -P /storage 'https://github.com/remcohaszing/pywakeonlan/raw/master/wakeonlan.py'
    chmod +x /storage/wakeonlan.py
    /storage/wakeonlan.py -h

Hi. Can you help me with proper command to wake up my PC. I tried many variants, but always get errors... For example PC's IP 192.168.1.2 and MAC 10:23:QW:ER:TY:45

It must looks like... /storage/wakeonlan.py -i 192.168.1.2 -p 9 and here i must write my MAC, in which format?

Thanks)

• Ok, thanks. As i thought, looks like something wrong with this script, or with my installation of libreelec. I always get some errors when executing it.

Code
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/wakeonlan.py", line 103, in <module>
    main()
    File "/storage/wakeonlan.py", line 99, in main
    send_magic_packet(*args.macs, ip_address=args.i, port=args.p)
    File "/storage/wakeonlan.py", line 60, in send_magic_packet
    packets = [create_magic_packet(mac) for mac in macs]
    File "/storage/wakeonlan.py", line 34, in create_magic_packet
    return bytes.fromhex("F" * 12 + macaddress * 16)
    AttributeError: type object 'str' has no attribute 'fromhex'

UPD: I was download script from developer's site, replace it in /storage and now everything works fine.

Edited 2 times, last by Frostoman (November 25, 2020 at 6:08 PM).