Play disc on 8.2.4 (RPi 3 B+) crashes Kodi?

• Hi,

so I got my RPi 3 B+ yesterday and tested LE 8.2.4 all evening on it.

Works wonderful, HEVC finally works fine for me, yey!

But trying to use my external DVD drive got me some trouble.

When a discs is inserted I get the "play disc" menu and all but Kodi crashes and restarts trying to play the disc.

The same thing occurs when I try to install add-ons while the disc is in, peculiar indeed.

I initially though of it as a power supply issue, but powering the RPi and the DVD with two 2.5A adapters this shouldn't be an problem anymore.

Connecting the drive to the pi after startup doesn't detect the disc as playable (as usual, and not an issue), but show the filesystem of the disc,

and in this situation selecting "install add-on" doesn't crash Kodi.

Anyone else seen this too?

• Now that you mention it, I haven't tried it with different discs yet. :/

Will do as soon as I get home from work (TGIF!), and then paste the crash-logs as well! Had a quick look at them this morning, but then I had to get the kids to school...

• Ok so here it goes:

I've tried several different DVDs and I've tried it with my old RPi 3, same result.

Downloaded the 8.2.4 image again and wrote it to another SD card, same thing.

Reading the crash logs it is obvious that it always crash in /usr/lib/kodi/system/players/VideoPlayer/libdvdnav-arm.so

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.