4k on libreelec general amd/intel

• hi there

I have a gigabyte brix pc where i installed general intel libereelec on it.it works perfect except for the 4k resolution and bluetooth.i cannot choose the 4k resolution.also there is no Bluetooth avaible.do i have to install some drivers for my videocard?

Thks for the help

• As already said, we have no clue which Brix unit you have. Our crystal balls are away being polished which probably does not help. :)

Generally for an Intel NUC or similar box (such as the Brix range) no special resolution settings are needed. And you can't just add drivers to LibreELEC anyway - it's built as a complete system with needed drivers included.

If you don't have 4k resolution as an option in the LibreELEC display settings then it's perfectly possibly that your unit is using an older CPU with older graphics hardware and does not provide support it. It's also possible, but less likely, that your TV doesn't report its resolutions correctly. Lastly, are the TV and Brix directly connected, or is there an AV receiver in between? If so then that would also need to support 4k pass through.

• i have a gigabyte gbbxi3-4010.firstly windows 10 was installed on it with kodi then i could change the resolution to 4k.once i installed libreelec i could not change it to 4k. I tried to install windows 10 back again but i can not install windows back again.

Thanks again for the support

• So the processor is an i3-4010U - thats a Haswell family processor, and the graphics within is Intel HD4400. I think that makes it just about the first Intel embedded graphics to support 4k over HDMi. My guess (and I am no expert) is that given the somewhat variable support by Intel for the Linux drivers for their graphics hardware, that early generation may not be as well supported as the more recent ones. By way of comparison, I run a Celeron N3060 platform - that's not a Brix, but an MSI Cubi N, so a similar concept. The N3060 is a Braswell processor with HD400 graphics and was launched two and a half years later - that works pretty well with 4k h264 encoded material.

I will allow others to comment, but it may just be that the Linux drivers from Intel are the problem here.

Edited once, last by S80_UK: Typos (March 22, 2018 at 12:22 AM).

• You need to be a little more clear on what it is you now want to do.

As per specifications. the maximum output is 4K@24hz for the Intel HD 4400 graphics of your Brix box, so you will need to connect a TV for that setting. A typical 4K PC monitor will not support 24h. Are you using a TV that can do 4K 24hz? If not, then it's no 4K for you.

Why your Brix is not fully responding, we don't know. We need a debug-enabled kodi.log file from your Brix for that.

but how can i go back to installing windows 10 on my brix?

How to re-install Windows 10 onto your Brix is really beyond the scope of this forum. I hope you can understand us forwarding you to the nearest Windows support forum.