I Just...Want...To Listen...To A Playlist p_p

• I have a relative Shuffle.M3U8 playlist on a network drive, created using Foobar2000. It works fine in every single piece of software EXCEPT Kodi. I had to use the general file manager to find it at all. I tried making it a favourite and playing it from the dashboard, but it failed to play (it closed what was currently playing and just did nothing).

My playlist is formatted as follows:

Etcetera etcetera. The playlist lives in the root music folder, so as I said those paths are relative. This doesn't seem like it should be complicated. Is it?

P.S. Why does the profanity filter block the word "c0urt"?

Edited once, last by Nintendoeats (March 13, 2018 at 7:53 PM).

• Your computer's make and model ?

Wired or wireless network ?

NAS or Windows Server ?

Samba / SMB Paths ?

Liva X2

Wired

NAS

\\RemoteWaffle\usb2-3share2\Audio\Music

The exact same thing happens run from regular from my desktop with the folder stored on a local drive though.

Provide a Kodi debug log. If it objects to something there will be a log entry.

I have event logging on and there is still nothing in any of the log screens. I don't think this is a bug, I get the impression that it just doesn't know what to do with the playlist.

• I would provide a Kodi debug log as asked. Why use .M3U8 instead of .M3U ? I thought .M3U8 was used mainly for streaming.

Sorry, I misunderstood how the log system works: http://ix.io/WZo

M3U8 is the format my Fiio X3II likes. It didn't occur to me that Kodi would take issue with that. Changing it to an M3U works perfectly, thanks! It's not exactly convenient (since now I have to have both) but at least it works.

Edited once, last by Nintendoeats (March 14, 2018 at 3:07 PM).