Libreelec on HTPC installed on USB drive looses settings after a power off.

• I have Libreelec running on a HTPC made from a PC. If i install LE on the sata hard drive I have no problems. However if i install it on a USB thumb drive after every power off while i'm at work it reverts back to the default skin and other settings such as video calibration, time zone, subtitles settings and audio also reset. The same install on a sata hard drive doesn't do this. /shrug I know i can just run the hard drive instead of USB but its in my bedroom and the drive is loud. lol

• How did you install you thumb drive?

If using the "live" boot option of the installation media the system always boots with clean settings. Then use the "run" boot option instead.

• Tried two USB's but they were both the same kind. Will try a new one soon.

I"m not using the live boot option, LE is install on a thumb drive the same as it would be on a reg sata hard drive. Not all settings get wiped out just the ones i mentioned above. All my libraries, sources, addons, custom keyboard.xml etc is all still there. Only happens on a power down, if i just do a restart it starts up fine and no problems.

• One ugly hack is to get things configured as you want, then shutdown Kodi from the console and copy /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml to a location like /storage/.config and then use the /storage/.config/autostart.sh script (which doesn't exist unless you create it) to copy them back to /storage/.kodi/userdata on each startup. This forces known-good settings to be used instead of the probably corrupted settings that weren't saved correctly on shutdown.

• One ugly hack is to get things configured as you want, then shutdown Kodi from the console and copy /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml to a location like /storage/.config and then use the /storage/.config/autostart.sh script (which doesn't exist unless you create it) to copy them back to /storage/.kodi/userdata on each startup. This forces known-good settings to be used instead of the probably corrupted settings that weren't saved correctly on shutdown.

Thank you, I think that is what I will do. I don't ever change the settings once they are set so this will work fine.