currently I'm using an Odroid C2 with LibreELEC running on it. The Box is really good.
However more and more 4k HDR movies are coming now.
These play super smooth, but look very pale and washed out on the "old" S905.
Apparently it does not convert the color space.
I've read many threads now and honestly i'm more confused than before.
The S912 is able to do a conversion back into BT.709 color space as it seems.
The Rockchip RK3399 could do that too, i guess from their specs.
Maybe there are more capable SoC.
My greatest problem is finding out which Boxes are best supported by LibreELEC.
Here are my requirements:
- play 4k HDR material on FullHD SDR AVR/Beamer with correct colors. (The AVR and Beamer will be replaced with 4k some time in the future)
- play FullHD with correct colors without fiddling anything on the console. need seamless switching between 2k SDR and 4k HDR sources.
- GBit LAN (WLAN cannot deliver 4k in these bit rates)
- proper LibreELEC support (currently I use raybuntu's images on the C2. looking for something equally simple)
- RF Remote highly appeciated, though can be added via USB
- fanless design
Could you please suggest some boxes that meet these criteria?
Would be good if it is in the C2 price range, but can be more expensive too.
Design is also not important. I can even live without a case.
Most important is that it meets the expectations.