Add built-in Java support

• I have the generic X64 LE build and MakeMKV addon from that Google drive. I suppose it will be hard for you to reproduce without an optical drive. I have a region B drive and try to play a region A disc with Java menu. Or can Blu-ray ISO be region protected?

• vpeter

The wget warning is gone. But the region lock problem with Blu-ray Java menu disc remains. Using simple menu the disc is decrypted and played through MakeMKV. However, it seems that we can now play any region disc without MakeMKV if we have a KEYDB.cfg in /storage/.config.aacs. This works with my region A Java menu disc, but I have to set the region to A in System/Player settings/Discs.

But MakeMKV would provide a more seamless experience. I still think that th eproblem must be that MakeMKV doesn't find the JRE, so we would have to set the JRE path in MakeMKV settings.

• Try creating settings file /storage/.MakeMKV/settings.conf and try with different paths for app_Java

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/java
    /storage/.kodi/addons/java/
    /storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre
    /storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre/

LibreELEC:~ # cat /storage/.MakeMKV/settings.conf
    app_Java = "/storage/.kodi/addons/java"

LibreELEC:~ #
  • I added that setting and tried all the path variations you listed, but none worked.

Playing with makemkvcon command I noticed that it displays this warning :

Code
    Profile parsing error: default profile missing, using builtin default

Could it be that other settings than the beta serial key should be placed in that profile?

Also to get the disc info you have to run makemkvcon with the -r switch.

Edited 2 times, last by andersos (June 23, 2018 at 3:31 PM).

• This profile error is harmless I think because in makemkv it is available only under expert mode. And we are obviously not experts ;(

Anyway, try setting java path to /storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre1.7.0_04/bin/java because seems it must point to java executable.

ak69co111r9m.jpg

from here

• I tried :

Code
    app_Java = "/storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre/bin/"
    app_Java = "/storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre/bin/java"
    app_Java = "/storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre1.7.0_04/bin/"
    app_Java = "/storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre1.7.0_04/bin/java"

None of them do any difference. My settings.conf look like for example :

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.MakeMKV # cat settings.conf 
    app_Key = "T-LW1uLLbYkVG@LRXgUx8eZlPSc5XtHUoGDg9My9NgOMC@2jNEQjvNY4zLxK8E0YduZT"
    app_Java = "/storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre1.7.0_04/bin/java"
    LibreELEC:~/.MakeMKV # 

After uninstalling MakeMKV and using only the KEYDB.cfg file (libaacs) I couldn't play the region A BD at all. No matter what settings.

So it seems that MakeMKV is indeed decrypting the Java BD, but I have to set Kodi Blu-ray region code to A to play the BD, or else I get the "This disc is not intended to play in your region" message. strange.

• I have tried blob810s version of JRE on RasPi but I get mostly errors like

ERROR: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - Can't play disc in HDMV navigation mode - First Play title not supported

ERROR: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - Unsupported titles found - Some titles can't be played in navigation mode

Some Blurays show the menu but I suspect they are not java.

How do I check if Java works?

• complains about wrong libbluray. filename is libbluray-j2se-1.0.1.jar

• Yes, libbluray was bumped to 1.0.2 not so long and needs to be updated.

You can try downloading it

Code
    wget -O /storage/.kodi/addons/java/libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar http://vpeter.libreelec.tv/BD-J/libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar