Just migrated from Openelec,

• And now my desktop does't see the samba shares on the Libre Elec device. As a matter of fact, librelec device doesnt show up as an option. The device itself works fine, but i need access for such things as naming conventions and library maintenance.

I run Transmission on it, and I can access it thru the web console. I can also access the device via the Chorus Kodi remote web console. It just doesn't show up in nautilus. ( I'm running Ubuntu 17.10)

Its raspi3 running LE8.2.3 and Kodi 17.6

EDIT: I can also access the raspi with FileZilla.

Edited 3 times, last by YatYAs (February 21, 2018 at 1:39 AM).

• LibreELEC 8.2.3 and up (Leia testbuilds) uses Samba / SMBv2+ by default. SMBv1 was responsible for the worldwide WannaCry outbreak last year, because Microsoft allowed unauthenticated access to Windows machines. In the LibreELEC Settings addon you can still enable SMBv1 for rescue efforts, but you may want to ask yourself if you want to continue to use such a outdated and unsecure network file protocol that can compromise the rest of your local network devices.

Because SMBv2 no longer supports network browsing, you will need to add new samba sources manually via the Add network location... option. If the Ubuntu machine is your Samba server, you could also consider setting up NFS on it instead. NFS has worked for fine me since the XBMC Eden days.

Also because of newer movie and TV scraper functionality, it is recommended you fully re-scrape your video collection(s) since OpenELEC never was updated on that part as well. Call it a spring cleaning.

• I understood almost none of that. So what you are saying is I need to add a network location on my linux computer? Thanks for the tip on re scraping, adding new media hasnt been working consistently.

I switched the minimum smb to smb1 and it still doesnt work. I think a trip to the Ubuntu forums is warranted.

Edited 2 times, last by YatYAs (February 21, 2018 at 1:40 AM).

• Ok I got it sorted. For anyone else using Ubuntu:

Code
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3

Add that under [global] to your smb.conf file, found in the hidden section of your home folder (mine is /home/wolf)

then restart smdb

Code
    sudo smdb restart
  • Encountered a new problem. When I leave the raspi on minim smb protocol smb2, and I can't use web interfaces anymore. Is it safe to leave the raspi on smb1, and any computer trying to connect at smb2?

• SMB has nothing to with the web server - are you sure you're accessing the Kodi web server on the correct port (default :8080)?

Yes. 20579

And I didn't change anything and it works now. Both of them. Im going to restart smdb and see if i can duplicate the initial error.