Gamestarter - Step by step for noobs?

• I used to run Retropie, with Kodi added on, but decided to switch to LibreElec. Now, I'm trying to see if there is a way to play my games. I copied my ROM's over, installed Gamestarter, tried following an old tutorial, had options I didn't know what to choose, and wound up with no games, and no idea what I did wrong. Is there a step-by-step tutorial for getting game emulators to work?

• no there isnt.

Sadly this is very difficult to set up, i tried many Times, got it some day to run a little, but hasnt saved Settings. And i only wanted to play N64-Roms. I stopped to try, because it is frustrating to find no help with this, when you are not able to do it yourself. Seems, that no one uses this as this Way - most Peaple do this with Lakka-Image, but it is still difficult to configure. Not easier at all, only comes up with Emu, not Kodi.

Let me know if you get forward with this...

Pony

• Seriously you are talking about how difficult is to use retroarch addon from gamestarter?

You've got to be kidding.

Go to gamestarter thread's first post, download gamestarter repo and install it in your device. Now you are ready to install retroarch (and AEL, or emulationstation addons) from kodi addons.

Launch retroarch and enjoy.

Piece of cake.

If you need any help use gamestarter's thread.

• I pretty much tried that, but couldn't get it to work. Perhaps it's so simple I'm doing more than required? I had no problems with Retropie (Other than a bunch of small bugs, and non-native Kodi), but I followed the available walkthroughs. What might be extremely easy and intuitive to you may not be equally easy for someone unfamiliar. I wasn't even sure which program I should try launching ROM's from. Is there a scraper, or any ROM management? While I couldn't get any ROM's to play, I have very basic questions that could likely be answered by a video or setup walkthrough.

When I first installed LibreElec, I was free to experiment, as I tried the Emulation thing first, and I just reinstalled when I failed. Now that Kodi is set up the way I like it, I'm less inclined to experiment and mess things up.

• You said you tried it but you don't say what is the problem you get...

did you install retroarch addon?

can you launch it?

These steps has no difficulty more than install a repo and selecting an addon from it to install, there is nothing to configure and nothing to try.

If you have retroarch installed (it takes about 3 minutes to install it) you should just launch it from addon section in kodi, thats all.

If you get some kind of error or problem, you must tell us in gamestarter´s thread what your problem is and we will try to help you.

Once you control retroarch then you can install AEL or Emulationstation as a frontend for your game collections and scrape them, but first I recommend you to get familiar with retroarch, you can find a lot of tutorials in the internet.

• Hi, I know this thread is rather old but I was just trying libreelec again when i heard it supports emulator now. I'm using the LE9 Alpha build as it's the only one that supports Intel Compute stick's wifi (strange that stable doesn't include this fix). Anyway, long story short I have spent a whole day trying to figure out what's wrong with Gamestarter. I followed the instructions down to a T, and even made my own research online. I kept running with errors about missing libso blah blah, even with the latest build or RetroArch I get the error abut missing 'libavcodec.so.57' when i checked the logs. So how can you say it's that easy? If we missed anything, clearly not our fault as we can't spend a lifetime trying to figure it out and we're not the ones developing the program.

We appreciate your effort to provide a working emulator but you can't expect everyone to be as geeky as you are.