LibreELEC, Amlogic S905x --> standby/sleep?

• I have LibreELEC running perfectly on my M8S Pro+ device (2GB S095x) but I can only power down the device.

Is there a way to put the device (though LibreELEC) in standby (sleep) mode?

• I'd also like to know, mine doesn't work either.

I miss this feature, I keep it running 24/7.

But anyway, what's the idle power draw of a little Amlogic box?

If it's like 1 watt I don't care.

• Suspend/Resume works fine (M8S2 on NAND), as long as you don't set the wrong settings. For example disabling LAN will cause a kernel panic on resume, even if you don't use it.

• Hi there.

I have also a Mecool M8S Pro+, but network got suspended if I use sleep.

I tried to set the network to not suspend via

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 wol g

but I have this error

Code
    Cannot set new wake-on-lan settings: Operation not supported
      not setting wol

If anyone have a idea. thanks in advance.

• I have a strange behaviour when my box is in standby. The box is connected to my Onkyo Amplifier and the Onkyo to my TV (all 4k - hdmi) my satellite receiver is direct connect to tv like my ps4. So if the 905x box is in standby, my TV shows me that no equipment is connected via hdmi CEC, the list is empty. I have picture on TV from my sat receiver but no sound over the Onkyo. BUT in that moment i fire the 905x box up, sound is coming and all equipment is showing up on my hdmi selection and on the cec menu on my sony tv. It feels like the 905 box behave like a Master in the line of connected equipment. Someone the same behaviour or a solution?!

thx

J

• Same here with Philips TV and Denon receiver.

If a box is off, ARC (Audio Return Channel) via HDMI does not work - no sound from TV through the receiver.

Haven't found a solution to this yet, since the TV feed is of little to no interest to me.

Besides - TV is connected to the receiver with another, redundant optical cable, if suddenly someone feels an incredible urge to listen any TV feed on the receiver's speakers... :)

Edited 2 times, last by ChimeyJimmey (February 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM).