Install to internal to speed things up (Mecool M8S Pro+)

• I am running LE on the SD card on Mecool M8S Pro+, and my SD card is class 10 but not the fastest. Since I have no need for Android (I have 3 other Android boxes), it seems a waste not to use its internal faster eMMC. Are there any issues install LE onto the internal eMMC? Do I need to run installtointernal twice?

• This may be helpful for those who want to install to the internal eMMC on M8S Pro+. I figure I could always go back to Android since I have the firmware image, so I took the chance and ran it. After I ran the installtointernal script in SSH, the first reboot hung in Mecool start up logo, so I ran installtointernal again. It booted up in Libreelec and to the Libreelec set up screen. I noticed the original remote did not work, so I went to the config folder and found the remote.conf and one host file have 0 byte. It seems there are some file corruptions on small files. I copied my saved remote.conf file over, rebooted, and the remote worked. Kodi complained about some joystick not working, not sure if it is related to the 0 byte host file. Should I run installtointernal a 3rd time to try to correct the corrupted files? Or should I just find those 0 bytes files and copy over? Thanks.

• I installed few days ago the latest version of LE in the internal from my m8s pro. Its perfect! I have no issues no speed problems or smth else... the wifi connection is muuch better then my beelink with LE in internal.

The only thing that I hate is the ugly power LED...

• This may be helpful for those who want to install to the internal eMMC on M8S Pro+. I figure I could always go back to Android since I have the firmware image, so I took the chance and ran it. After I ran the installtointernal script in SSH, the first reboot hung in Mecool start up logo, so I ran installtointernal again. It booted up in Libreelec and to the Libreelec set up screen. I noticed the original remote did not work, so I went to the config folder and found the remote.conf and one host file have 0 byte. It seems there are some file corruptions on small files. I copied my saved remote.conf file over, rebooted, and the remote worked. Kodi complained about some joystick not working, not sure if it is related to the 0 byte host file. Should I run installtointernal a 3rd time to try to correct the corrupted files? Or should I just find those 0 bytes files and copy over? Thanks.

3rd time is the charm. I ran "installtointernal" script again, and it appeared the small files are now copied over to the internal eMMC. No warnings from Kodi so far.

• Thinkin' about getting that box too; can any one confirm it's a good choice and WiFi works out of the box with community builds? Thanks!

Libreelec sees the SSID over wifi, so I think it should work, but I never used it because the wifi is really poor. It is a slow wireless N, and you can expect under 10Mb/s. I use a cheap TOTOLINK AC1200 wireless bridge because I don't have a LAN line close by. Other than wifi, I like this box.