Posts by acefr

Thinkin' about getting that box too; can any one confirm it's a good choice and WiFi works out of the box with community builds? Thanks!

Libreelec sees the SSID over wifi, so I think it should work, but I never used it because the wifi is really poor. It is a slow wireless N, and you can expect under 10Mb/s. I use a cheap TOTOLINK AC1200 wireless bridge because I don't have a LAN line close by. Other than wifi, I like this box.

This may be helpful for those who want to install to the internal eMMC on M8S Pro+. I figure I could always go back to Android since I have the firmware image, so I took the chance and ran it. After I ran the installtointernal script in SSH, the first reboot hung in Mecool start up logo, so I ran installtointernal again. It booted up in Libreelec and to the Libreelec set up screen. I noticed the original remote did not work, so I went to the config folder and found the remote.conf and one host file have 0 byte. It seems there are some file corruptions on small files. I copied my saved remote.conf file over, rebooted, and the remote worked. Kodi complained about some joystick not working, not sure if it is related to the 0 byte host file. Should I run installtointernal a 3rd time to try to correct the corrupted files? Or should I just find those 0 bytes files and copy over? Thanks.

3rd time is the charm. I ran "installtointernal" script again, and it appeared the small files are now copied over to the internal eMMC. No warnings from Kodi so far.

This may be helpful for those who want to install to the internal eMMC on M8S Pro+. I figure I could always go back to Android since I have the firmware image, so I took the chance and ran it. After I ran the installtointernal script in SSH, the first reboot hung in Mecool start up logo, so I ran installtointernal again. It booted up in Libreelec and to the Libreelec set up screen. I noticed the original remote did not work, so I went to the config folder and found the remote.conf and one host file have 0 byte. It seems there are some file corruptions on small files. I copied my saved remote.conf file over, rebooted, and the remote worked. Kodi complained about some joystick not working, not sure if it is related to the 0 byte host file. Should I run installtointernal a 3rd time to try to correct the corrupted files? Or should I just find those 0 bytes files and copy over? Thanks.