Intel NUC nuc6cayh suspend issue

• Hello all,

I have installed Libreelec on a USB stick on an Intel Nuc nuc6cayh. I have used Openelec/Libreelec for years this way on other machines with no issues.

On the nuc6cayh I am able to suspend and the Nuc responds accordingly. However I am unable to wake from this state from either my RC6 remote or Logitech K400 keyboard. I have to use the power button on the NUC.

Suspend and wake from remote/keyboard works perfectly from the Windows 10 installation on the SSD, but not on the Libreelec installation. It's as if the USB ports are not getting any power, and yet they work via the WIndows install.

I have owned several intel NUC's in the past and suspend/wake has worked via Libreelec, but not this new nuc6cayh.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

• Apollo Lake was a fairly new CPU at the time of the 4.11.12 kernel in LibreELEC 8.2.x and support for the latest CPUs may now be a problem. Unfortunately this kernel is unlikely to receive significant changes in any possible future 8.2.x release so if the Apollo Lake suspend/resume issue is a kernel shortcoming then it is unlikely to be addressed by any future 8.2.x release.

I would suggest trying LE9.0/Kodi 18 test builds which are based on 4.14.14 (at the time of writing) - these have no suspend/resume issues when testing my i5 Skylake.

• Hello milhouse,and thank you for your swift reply. I tried the test build earlier today but the issue remains. This was on a fresh install.

It's very frustrating.

• The only other option at this time (that I can suggest) is to try another test build based on the 4.15.0 kernel (due for official release any day now). For example this build based on 4.15-rc8. I'm aware of one kernel issue in 4.14.y that is addressed by 4.15-rc, there may be others.

• I already tested this with 4.15-rc8 a couple of days ago, and it doesn't work, never has. Although USB is powered in suspend, the system will not wake. I never tried the internal USB 2.0 headers, maybe someone could try this.

You should however be able to wake the NUC (from S3/S4/S5) by means of CIR, CEC (tested) and maybe WoL. The Power RC6 Code is MCE EFC 050 / OBC 12 / Hex 0C.

• epias is yours also an Apollo Lake NUC?

With a NUC6i5SYH (Skylake i5) and either 4.14.14 or 4.15-rc8 I'm able to resume from suspend with a USB keyboard (press any key), or RC6 CIR (only the "power on" code works - all other remote buttons are ignored). I'm on WiFi not wired so can't test WOL.

My remote is a Logitech Harmony One using device profile "IntelD54250WYK".

Not sure why Apollo Lake would behave differently to Skylake, but most likely Intel spotted an opportunity to save a cent on their overpriced CPUs and as a result introduced yet another bug or unsupported feature.

• The only other option at this time (that I can suggest) is to try another test build based on the 4.15.0 kernel (due for official release any day now). For example this build based on 4.15-rc8. I'm aware of one kernel issue in 4.14.y that is addressed by 4.15-rc, there may be others.

Thanks for this but unfortunately it doesn't fix the issue (no fault of yours). I suspect like the poster above it might be a bios issue but I can get it to work when suspending Windows 10.

Thanks for your time anyway, I appreciate it.

• This problem has never been fixed to my knowledge, however, with a bios upgrade, the HDMI-CEC-wake function does work. Meaning, if your display supports CEC, it will wake the NUC. This isn't 100% reliable, and every now and then it will miss. In that case, just toggle the TV power again.

Also, the built in IR controller does support wake (with BIOS options), however you can't disable other commands, and it has a very poor range.

• My NUC5CPYH has suspended and resumed perfectly for years, updated the firmware last week and now it no longer wakes, or wakes with a black screen and no video its hard to tell.

Super frustrating as when I turn the unit fully off and on it seems to stuff up my library as it doesnt detect the network share and removes everything.