media_build compile error [solved]

• Hi there,

I know, this is not really a libreelec issue, but I know, here are some dvbt heroes, so maybe someone can help me!

So short story:

I've got an August DVBt210 Stick connected to my Ubuntu 14.04 (3.13.*)

Since this kernel does not support this dvbt stick out of the box I have to use media_build to generate the neccessary modules! This worked for my last used kernel "3.13.0-107.154". So sadly, I'm a little paranoid, and because of this Meltdown and Spectre issues, I've done a kernel upgrade to kernel "3.13.0-139.188". An now I've to complie media_build again and ran in following compile error:

Meanwhile, I tried several things, but nothing works, I can eliminate the error in 'uvc_video_decode_meta' (it seem to be just a trace log, But there is still the compile abort.

Is anyone familar with that? Maybe someone has a workaround, or some hints... Ideas are very welcome...

Thanks for help,

WebEye

PS: Upgrading the system is at the moment not possible.

• Ok,

I've got some news, but ran into the next issue, maybe this is more clear for you!

What I've done:

While compiling "media_build", I don't use

linux-media-LATEST.tar.bz2

but

linux-media-2017-12-28-201b56737f4e.tar.bz2

with this I was able to compile "media_build" without error! So with the next Reboot , the stick was successful identified as

'Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C' but was not registered to any firmware

Additional information:

I copied all firmwares from

dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2

to /lib/firmwares and /usr/lib/firmwares, no luck!

So here are some dmesg:

latest successfull boot:

cat dmesg

cat dmesg | grep 'dvb\|si2168\|si2157'

current boot:

cat dmesg

cat dmesg | grep 'dvb\|si2168\|si2157'

hopefully someone can help, I've got no clue!

Thanks,

WebEye

PS: I realized that the si2168 module was not compiled, probably this is the problem!

Edited once, last by WebEye (January 14, 2018 at 12:55 PM).