I know, this is not really a libreelec issue, but I know, here are some dvbt heroes, so maybe someone can help me!
So short story:
I've got an August DVBt210 Stick connected to my Ubuntu 14.04 (3.13.*)
Since this kernel does not support this dvbt stick out of the box I have to use media_build to generate the neccessary modules! This worked for my last used kernel "3.13.0-107.154". So sadly, I'm a little paranoid, and because of this Meltdown and Spectre issues, I've done a kernel upgrade to kernel "3.13.0-139.188". An now I've to complie media_build again and ran in following compile error:
- CC [M] /home/frank/src/media_build/v4l/uvc_video.o
- /home/frank/src/media_build/v4l/uvc_video.c: In function 'uvc_video_decode_start':
- /home/frank/src/media_build/v4l/uvc_video.c:1012:30: error: incompatible types when assigning to type 'u64' from type 'ktime_t'
- buf->buf.vb2_buf.timestamp = uvc_video_get_time();
- /home/frank/src/media_build/v4l/uvc_video.c: In function 'uvc_video_decode_meta':
- /home/frank/src/media_build/v4l/uvc_video.c:1192:2: warning: format '%llu' expects argument of type 'long long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'ktime_t' [-Wformat=]
- make: *** [/home/frank/src/media_build/v4l/uvc_video.o] Fehler 1
- make: *** [_module_/home/frank/src/media_build/v4l] Error 2
- make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-139-generic'
- make: *** [default] Fehler 2
- make: Verzeichnis »/home/frank/src/media_build/v4l« wird verlassen
- make: *** [all] Fehler 2
- build failed at ./build line 526
Meanwhile, I tried several things, but nothing works, I can eliminate the error in 'uvc_video_decode_meta' (it seem to be just a trace log, But there is still the compile abort.
Is anyone familar with that? Maybe someone has a workaround, or some hints... Ideas are very welcome...
Thanks for help,
PS: Upgrading the system is at the moment not possible.