Mecool KM8 P TV Box Amlogic S912 1/8 GB RAM/eMMC storage

• Currently, I noticed one of AliExpress sellers has a Mecool KM8 P TV Box Amlogic S912 1/8 GB $28.99 (US plug version). I understand this item is supported by LE and am thinking to grab one to play with LE. However, I would like to know if currently there is a better deal than this $30 item. Thanks.

• Would like to know if anyone has experience running LE on this box and how well does it work

Works great. I got the Latest LibreElec and put it on a 16 GB Sandisk USB Flash drive. Put it in one of the USB ports and it booted straight onto LibreElec. There was no need to push any buttons etc.

I am really happy with the KM8P and have ordered a second with 2GB Ram 16 GB Storage.

KODI is good but there is a slight problem with the video freezing, but the sound continuing fine when I play X265 and possibly worse ie more freezing when the video is 10 Bit.

I really like this player. It is a huge improvement over the Orange Pi Lite I had running Openelec. (Which would not play 10 bit x265)

• Works great. I got the Latest LibreElec and put it on a 16 GB Sandisk USB Flash drive. Put it in one of the USB ports and it booted straight onto LibreElec. There was no need to push any buttons etc.

I am really happy with the KM8P and have ordered a second with 2GB Ram 16 GB Storage.

KODI is good but there is a slight problem with the video freezing, but the sound continuing fine when I play X265 and possibly worse ie more freezing when the video is 10 Bit.

I really like this player. It is a huge improvement over the Orange Pi Lite I had running Openelec. (Which would not play 10 bit x265)

Freezes mean no good, AFAICT. However, I believe this is a matter of software. So, eventually problem like this will get fixed in the future. In the meantime, the one I purchased for less than US $30 for a 1/8 GB RAM/eMMC storage is alright, AFAICT. I will see to it to get the latest LE run when arrived. Thanks for your feedback.

• Les

Fonctionne très bien. J'ai eu la dernière version de LibreElec et je l'ai mise sur une clé USB Sandisk de 16 Go. Mettez-le dans l'un des ports USB et il démarre directement sur LibreElec. Il n'y avait aucun besoin de pousser n'importe quels boutons etc.

Je suis vraiment content du KM8P et en ai commandé un second avec 2 Go de Ram 16 GB Storage.

KODI est bon mais il y a un léger problème avec le gel de la vidéo, mais le son se poursuit bien quand je joue X265 et peut-être pire c'est-à-dire plus de gel lorsque la vidéo est à 10 bits.

J'aime vraiment ce joueur. C'est une énorme amélioration par rapport à l'Orange Pi Lite que j'avais sous Openelec. (Qui ne jouerait pas 10 bits x265)

ma télécommande pour km8p ne fonctionne pas non plus, j'ai copié le fichier remote.conf du firmware officiel dans /storage/.conf mais ne fonctionne pas quelqu'un a une solution s'il vous plaît

Les