Beelink GT1 Ultimate unable to install LibreELEC

• I own both the Beelink GT1 1GB DDR 16 GB drive and the Beelink GT1 Ultimate with 3GB DDR and 36GB drive.

I have been able to install LibreELEC on the first Beelink GT1 but not on the ULTIMATE version of the box.

I used LibreELEC-912.arm-8.2-8.2.2.2.img.gz and have tried the device tree files gxm_q200_3g.dtb ,gxm_q201_3g.dtb, q200_2g.dtb and q200_2g.dtb without any success.

I started the box using the normal toothpick method and all I get is the Beelink Android symbol on the start up screen and nothing happens after that.

I also tried booting into Android 7.1 and installing a Terminal Emulator and used the command 'reboot update' with the micro SD card installed with no success.

I used the program LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 to flash the class 10 micro SD card.

Having had no problems with the earlier Beelink GT1 box I cannot understand why I am having no success with the later box.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks :(

• I have checked the specifications of the CPU as described on the label attached to the black card box which the device came in.

It says CPU Amlogic S912 Octa Core ARM Cortex A53. However, I have not pulled the device apart to actually check the CPU that is installed.

• I have checked the specifications of the CPU as described on the label attached to the black card box which the device came in.

It says CPU Amlogic S912 Octa Core ARM Cortex A53. However, I have not pulled the device apart to actually check the CPU that is installed.

It is not uncommon for some devices to use different silicon from that stated on the box, different amounts of RAM, etc. Some boxes even lie about their contents with their start-up screens. Not saying that is the case here, but it could be, and so if you can get no further it may be worth checking inside.

• Finally success!

I read the post of another member of this forum who owns a very recent release of the Beelink GT1 Ultimate

who was having the same problem as myself.

He found that he could boot LibreELEC using the LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-8.2.2.2.img.gz file and not changing the dtb.img.

I tried this and LibreELEC booted.

Nice to know for new buyers of the Beelink GT1 Ultimate!

• Yesterday i've setup LE on Beelink GT1 Ultimate. Here my test results:

1. With dtb.img, provided by LibreELEC-912.arm-8.2-8.2.2.2.img.gz box is booting fine, but ethernet (wirde) doesn't work.
    2. gxm_q200_3g.dtb -> Box doesn't boot
    3. gxm_kvim2.dtb -> all is working fine (so far) USB Ports doesn't work.
    4. gxm_q200_1g.dtb -> Box doesn't boot
    5. gxm_q200_2g.dtb -> all is working fine (so far)

Big Thanks for your great work.

Edited 2 times, last by Helios61 (January 6, 2018 at 9:52 AM).

• No no it is a 3Go because yes on the package it is written 3Go but also under android he sees good 3Go.

This is the file that no longer works. There seems to have been an update of the latest GT1 ultimate

• No no it is a 3Go because yes on the package it is written 3Go but also under android he sees good 3Go.

Beleive me or not.

There a many boxes with fakeram - android shows faked 3Gb - LE shows real 2Gb.

You can ask seller for a refund, or live with 2Gb(it´s enough for LE)