Need to find an USB bluetooth adapter that works with LE 8.2.2

• I'm just looking for a bluetooth USB adapter, that will work with an AMD x86 LE 8.2.2. The adapters I have ( Asus and Kensington) worked with OpenELEC 8.0.4, but do not work with LibreELEC 8.2.0-8.2.2. I even tried installing an alpha build of Milhouse 9.0 #1228, 28-Dec-2017, and still no luck getting system to see either bluetooth adapter. I also fired up a Raspberry pi 3 but no bluetooth there either. If there are any suggestions, or if it is just not possible, I'd like to know.

I previously posted about this in the bug reports area, but it may not be a bug, and may be more of a general issue.

• Yes, I have bluetooth enabled in the LE settings. My bluetooth adapters receive power (they emit a blue light), but in LE settings Bluetooth it just says,"No Bluetooth device found. Please put your Bluetooth device into discove... and start the scan" Even though it doesn't see my adapter I try turn on my head phones, but of course they can't connect to anything. I still have OpenELEC 8.0.4 on a USB drive and the bluetooth headphones and adapter work with that. I really am much happier with the reliability of LibreELEC. If another brand and model of bluetooth adapter is known to be working with LE I'd be willing to try that, or anything else, that might get bluetooth working.

• Yes. It turns out I forgot how to properly pair my headphones, and LE bluetooth works fine with my USB dongle. My Asus USB - BT400 works fine. It works without adding the proper firmware, but it does produce an error message. I did find the right firmware and where to install it in order to get the error message to go away. There are some detail for that in this thread ( you'll have to use google to find the firmware for your unit, if you choose to add firmware.) Missing broadcom bluetooth firmware

• I found a cheap bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle, works fine with libreelec 8.2.4 on my setup. Cost me only 1.75 € !

If you are going to post please be helpful. Telling us you found one does absolutely no good when you don't tell us the Manufacturer/model.

• Please put your Bluetooth device into discove... and start the scan" Even though it doesn't see my adapter I try turn on my head phones, but of course they can't connect to anything. I still have OpenELEC 8.0.4 on a USB drive and the bluetooth walgreenslistens headphones and adapter work with that. I really am much happier with the reliability of LibreELEC.

Edited once, last by noricahpe (July 31, 2020 at 4:35 AM).