LE optimal samba conf

• Hi all,

i use S905X except KODI , too as NAS for my local network .

I read around SAMBA troubles , but this all writes about use client smb in LE KODI.

Then i must ask for working examples , that config LE as universal samba server for other devices in lan.

Exactly i have problem connect from Android Kodi on lan .

:( Android 7x Kodi 17.6

I then need config SMB1 only for Android clients , W7 works ok with default conf .

• No i have one master box S905X Libreelec with connected external USB HDD

I have next more Windows, android and any other devices, that need access HDD on LE .

Problem is config samba server on Libreelec properly.

• What i see heree??? I read this hours ago ...

Nothing helpfull to config for android clients smb1 protocol and for better clients smb2-3

Too libreelec dont have compiled smbstatus command or i cant find it.

This Forum is providing LE.

You can see there how to configure SMB running LE -> configure the file /storage/.config/samba.conf

You want to know how to configure an android client ? -> wrong forum

BTW:

My Android TV´s , Android Tablet an iPads can access SMB shares without any special config

• This Forum is providing LE.

You can see there how to configure SMB running LE -> configure the file /storage/.config/samba.conf

You want to know how to configure an android client ? -> wrong forum

BTW:

My Android TV´s , Android Tablet an iPads can access SMB shares without any special config

BTW send your samba.conf

I only ask LE config, then all dont be stupid and stop write wrong forum.

I know where and how configure SMB running LE . But dont know what special single user samba build LE uses.

My android tablet access it too in ES File Explorer with smb2 support, but no access in KODI and other smb1 sw.

Then i see good way to share conf examples and quickly solve LE samba... But seems nobody uses it as NAS ???

• Bear with me, I don't know if this will work

Go to Libreelec/Kodi

Go to file manager & add source.

Add file source browse, at bottom, add network location

protocol smb

server name, add ip address of device you want access to

User name libreelec (or whatever)

password root (or what ever)

forget port & shared folder,

Ok

give it a name & ok

exit that, then add videos, browse to new share, then go to your new smb location & the usb hard drive.

do that for each of your devices.

• :):):) buble

Your info is about client smb part of LE , but LE acts too as server

and server have only poorly documented samba.conf.example.

When i use your steps on second device and in address of device host enter LE response is timeout connection error...

• no i have in .config folder only sample file

then i mean i use default generated LE smb.conf now

• That´s default config - You have to rename /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample to /storage/.config/samba.conf and restart samba

Code
    systemctl restart smbd.service

After this are You able to access the default folders like \\<IP>\update ?

• Kodi on Android currently supports only SMB1. Go into LE settings. Under services set the minimum SMB version to SMBv1. That should be the only change required. It would alsobe recommended to use a username/password for access.

• Kodi on Android currently supports only SMB1. Go into LE settings. Under services set the minimum SMB version to SMBv1. That should be the only change required. It would alsobe recommended to use a username/password for access.

I have here None minimum and None maximum protocol version

but all this is in section Client , then i mean server protocol is untuched by this....