LibreELEC 8.2.1

• I just now updated my LibreELEC to the latest version and still am having issues with addons such as Youtube. I was able to add Youtube to OpenELEC without a hitch but not Libre. Why? I click the install button to add it. My ELEC freezes for a minute or two then releases and returns nothing. I tried to install the addon with VPN enabled and disabled to no avail. What I like about it over Open, however, is that VPN actually works and updating it is a snap. What gives?

Update: Found that I can download the zip files for popular addons at Kodi.tv. Feeling better now:)

Edited once, last by jbis2k (December 24, 2017 at 5:10 PM).

• Regarding yesterday's post: "Update: Found that I can download the zip files for popular addons at Kodi.tv. Feeling better now." I was able to to successfully install "Yahoo Weather" and "Watchdog" but no others. I keep getting a "dependency" error for the other addons including Youtube. I still cannot get most addons to work.

• So the correct term then should be latest release?

The "correct term" is the version number of the release that you are discussing (8.2.2, or whatever). "Latest" is only current until it is superceded by anything, anywhere, whether released or not, and therefore the term has no useful meaning.

• My Pi upgraded to version 8.2.2 this morning. I can do the following:

watch local videos off a usb stick

connect to vpn

I cannot do the following:

load most addons. When I click to install the addon there is a minute or so of silence after which my mouse unfreezes followed by the error that the addon was unsuccessful. Downloading and Installing a zip file from usb followed by install from repo fails. I understand that a repo might be taken down and such but Youtube which is a built-in Kodi addon to fail. Not sure what's going on. Not ready to give up yet but none of the help and suggestions found thus far on this or other searches are useful.