Can't update 8.0.2 -> 8.2.2 and no FTP

• Hello community,

I've done an LibreELEC update on my WeTek Play some weeks ago from 8.0.2 to 8.2.1 - the update was downloaded and the device rebooted, did the update massages on reboot and everything looked fine, but I didn't recognise then, that the version wasn't updated, it still says 8.0.2. Now I've seen there is an update 8.2.2 and tried that: it downloads... and then does nothing, it just closes the download dialog and stays in the LibreELEC settings. Tried it several times with reboot, still refuses to do anything.

Now I tried to connect via FTP with my standard settings, but the FTP connection is refused, Forklift (yes, macOS) only states: "Could not connect". SSH still works fine.

These two problems may or may not cohere, but this is, what I see now.

Hopefully someone can point in the right direction.

Merry Christmas to all! a050.gif

Edited once, last by ZappoB (December 25, 2017 at 11:12 AM).

• Open a connection via SSH.

Go to /storage/.kodi/temp

Check for any leftover junk files, and delete them if present.

Go to /storage/.update

Type: wget http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.2.2.img.gz

Type: reboot

And the update should be started.

• Check for space on the internal storage. You will need approx 2.5x the size of the update file free for boot to succeed. If you are under the required amount the only option is to download the .tar file on macOS, uncompress, then copy the files over to /storage/.update and reboot. This skips a stage and requires less space. LE (and OE before) have never supported FTP so that's an easy explanation. SFTP (FTP over SSH) should work.

• Thank you guy for the help.

First: I've accidentally deleted the (s)ftp settings and setup a new one and in deed I used ftp instead of sftp - now I've corrected it and the connection works fine.

Second: cleanup did help, update worked now fine.

Thanks again, have nice holidays!