NUC6CAYH sluggish

• Hi.

I bought a NUC6CAYH thinking that it would be enough to run my Kodi with LE.

Playback is working fine, but the interface is sluggish and this is really annoying.

Is this machine simply too weak to support proper interface performance?

Thanks.

• Thanks.

Nopes. It is running at 60fps.

FWIW - the interface itself runs much better on my Sony X900E (but audio sucks on the Android TV implementation of Sony so I am forced to use an external player).

Running it at 4K makes it run even slower (I made sure to add the 60hz option using xrandr).

• Are you running a skin other than Estuary or Confluence? I use a Celernon N3060 (less than half the CPU horsepower of the J3455) and the 4k UI is still pretty snappy. Upscalling video is a problem for me (but not a surprise, with that CPU).

• So apparently it's mostly from my remote (Logitech Harmony), even though I configured it to have 0ms delay it is still quite slow.

The interface is not perfect, some of the transitions feel a bit slow but it's reasonable once I take away the remote sluggishness from the equation. I'd give it 90/100. It's not as bad as it "feels".

I am using Aeon Nox. Switching to Confluence/Estuary does not help a lot. I'd use Confluence (my favorite theme) if it only kept the "recently added" section...

Switching to 4K@60hz makes the interface sluggish and the transition effects seem to move at a low frame rate.

• Just a simple test.. Rename your current .kodi folder to a temporary name, and reboot LibreELEC for a totally clean profile. See if the sluggishness is still present. Remove any AVR you may have out of the connection chain.