Posts by GibsonLP

Thanks.

Not really, I do have audio dropouts with HD audio, reverting to legacy audio (regular DTS) "solves" it.

I admit that I simply don't have a lot of time to fiddle with this (or watch too many movies/TV shows outside Netflix).

I am wondering if there is a LE friendly unit that "just works"...

Hi all.

Playing DD+ files results in missing center channel.

My only way to work around this is to turn on AC3 transcoding but this is causing other issues and sometimes audio does not work at all unless I bring back the non transcoding configuration (besides the fact that it's pretty much a bummer to transcode DTS to lower bitrate AC3...)

Any ideas on a good solution? (I am find with always transcoding DD+ but I don't want to transcode anything else).

NUC6CAY running 9.2.0 vanilla connected via hdmi to Marantz 7013.

Thanks!

Hello.

It's been a while, I still find LE on my NUC6CAY semi-usable. My current issues:

• Playing DD+ files results in missing center channel.
      The only way to work around this is to turn on AC3 transcoding but this is causing other issues and sometimes audio does not work at all unless I bring back the non transcoding configuration (besides the fact that it's pretty much a bummer to transcode DTS to lower bitrate AC3...)
    • HD audio results in audio glitches due to what seems to be missing samples (audio disappears for a brief period)
    • 4K is not really usable. The GUI is very very sluggish, I have to manually switch in order to support 4K videos.

Running 9.2.0 vanilla (didn't do any customization)

Would appreciate your assistance if there are known solutions for these issues

Thanks

Hello.

Sometimes at random intervals (my NUC can be up for days or hours) the interface will lose all text, I can still navigate but text is disappearing completely.

I tried to search online to no avail, I see some reports but couldn't find a real solution.

Has anyone encountered this? is there a solution?

Turning on debug is not an option unless there is a way to remove the debug text, my wife would kill me for constantly running like that...

Running 9.1.501, Generic X86 on NUC6CAY

Thanks.

Thanks.

It's not a network issue, I can easily watch 40mbps videos. These movies are only 10-15mbps video.

Just for the test I did what you asked and the results are the same (the file was copied at 100MB/s to the local flash...)

I decided to disable "Adjust display refresh rate" and everything started working again (I always have it on, I might have re-enabled it after the upgrade and forgot that it was after my tests... silly me).

I still hear dropouts every once in a while, from my experience with audio from the Firewire days it sounds like samples are being dropped due to depletion of audio buffer (ie: probably too small buffer for the current hardware/drivers).

So now I have 2 open issues:

1. How to make the video look good without matching the refresh rate

2. How to eliminate the audio dropouts.

Thanks.

I upgraded to the latest bios.

Marantz is with the latest firmware.

- Still no HD audio.

I then upgraded to the latest LE beta. Network stopped working completely. I enabled wifi on the bios and configured wifi. I connected via ssh and saw that eth0 is flapping between no link to 10mbps.

After trying to lock the port at 1gbps with my switch (Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 24POE) to no avail. I disconnected and reconnected the ethernet cable.

The link came back at 1gbps and seems stable.

HD Audio started working. I noticed some drops every once in a while and then it stopped working completely. No matter what I do DTS-HD will no longer work (worked in the first 2-3 attempts, same file no longer plays), Dolby TrueHD will work with dropouts and sometimes not at all (tons of dropouts for some files).

Any idea what could it be?

Thanks

Thanks guys.

My configuration:
    Intel NUC NUC6CAY

Marantz SR7013

Sony XBR-75X900E

Connected through HDMI too

Kodi Audio Settings:

- Audio output device: ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, MJI marantz-AVR on HDMI #0

- Number of Channels: 5.1

- Allow Passthrough: Enabled

- Passthrough Audio Device: same as above

- All Receiver Mode checkboxes Enabled

Update the NUC firmware. Update the Marantz firmware. Update to the current LE beta. Make sure "sync playback to display" is off.

NUC firmware = hdmi firmware or bios? the former requires a windows 10 installation... :(

I'll try LE beta.

I'll upgrade the Marantz firmware

"sync playback to display" is off.

Thanks again guys.

Hi guys.

I finally replaced my trusty old Denon 3803 with a Marantz 7013.

I have a NUC6CAYH running LE 8.2.5

I wanted to try out some of the DTS-MA movies I have available. I couldn't get audio to work with any HD audio movie. (Actually - DD+ didn't work too!).

DD and DTS work fine.

I started RTFMing but couldn't find a definite answer.

Is HD audio a firmware issue that will be resolved only by fixing the hdmi firmware on the nuc? (as per Download HDMI Firmware Update Tool for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, NUC7i7BN, NUC6CAY)

Is there a LE version that will just "fix it" without requiring this patch?

The reason I am asking is that installing the hdmi patch requires that I'll download and install windows 10. It's a big PITA (considering I have no HD on my NUC and the installation time). I don't want to go through this trouble without making sure this is indeed the solution.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

So apparently it's mostly from my remote (Logitech Harmony), even though I configured it to have 0ms delay it is still quite slow.

The interface is not perfect, some of the transitions feel a bit slow but it's reasonable once I take away the remote sluggishness from the equation. I'd give it 90/100. It's not as bad as it "feels".

I am using Aeon Nox. Switching to Confluence/Estuary does not help a lot. I'd use Confluence (my favorite theme) if it only kept the "recently added" section...

Switching to 4K@60hz makes the interface sluggish and the transition effects seem to move at a low frame rate.