HD-901T2 DVB T/C Tuner

• Hi Folks,

I have a HD-901T2 DVB-C tuner and i'm wondering how can i use it with my RPI OE 7.0.2. Do you have any experience with this usb tuner? As far as i know the 4.4 Linux kernel has some kind of support for this little gadget.

Edited once, last by schrackin (July 26, 2016 at 8:58 PM).

• Official Post

Have you tried using it yet?

You can use VDR or TVheadend as the backend which are available as add-ons in our LibreELEC add-ons repo

• Have you tried using it yet?

You can use VDR or TVheadend as the backend which are available as add-ons in our LibreELEC add-ons repo

Yes. Should it work like a plug and play device, or do i have to install some kind of driver?

I have installed both backend plugin, i enabled them, but the chanel search/edit menus aren't pop up in the Settings/TV section if i try to open them. An error message pops up when i hit the epg button that PVR manager hasn't started yet. How can i start it?

You can find my log on the following link, it may shows some info get further.

kodi_dvb.txt

Edited once, last by schrackin (July 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM).

• You need to install 2 things for a live TV setup in Kodi: A program called "backend" or "server" that will "see" the hardware, operate manage the hardware ( ie setup all needed hardware settings, scan for channels, tune in to a channel, ...)
    and a program called the "frontend", best known as PVR client, a Kodi addon.
    IMHO best by far is the TVHeadend.
    No worries, BOTH programs needed come with Libreelec, and its just a click to install them.
    First, the "backend", its a script, fo to addons, install from repository, browse in Libreelec repository, SERVICES, you ll find it there. Click, select, install. Easy! :) Runs in the backround as a service
    Then, you have to do some work, before installing the PVR Client in Kodi and enable TV in Kodi, you have to setup the backend. As explained above, you can setup the tuner and scan for channels, setup channel names, numbers if you like, and more... There are some video tutorials around about this, i have found very detailed and easy to follow this one: How to configure tvheadend server - YouTube
    After finishing with backend server setup, you can go ahaid and install the TVHeadend PVR addon in Kodi ( also found in Libreelec repository with all the rest PVR plugins)
    No need to configure the PVR addon, all default settings should work OK.
    Last, enable TV in Kodi, done.
    Sounds complicated, its not. Maybe first time when you dont have any experience with the backend server part, if you follow the video instructions step by step you should be OK ;)

• Thanks, it is working.

• Quite surprised to see this Astrometa DVB-stick to work! I'm about to throw mine in the trashbin.

I have tried getting this stick to work with DVB-C, and it just completely fails.

Generally bad reception(slower to tune), but above 500 Mhz band the stick refuses to lock a une on Linux.

I do hear reports of Windows being able to scan the higher bandwidths, but there is still something wrong with drivers/firmware/kernel support in Linux 4.4 and below.

/Morten