Opening and browsing CIFS shares very slow

• Hi,

since the upgrade from LE 8.0 to LE 8.2.1 it takes literally 3 minutes to open my cifs shares. Browsing through the folders inside the share is also very slow. It takes 30 seconds and more to open a folder with about 10 files in it. ?(

Once I’ve opened a folder, playback of the files inside it works fine.

The file server is a Server 2016. I’ve already played around with the smb version in LE (set it to fix to version 2 and 3) but no difference.

Browsing the file share from a Win10 client with the same user works fine.

Any ideas? :)

Michael

• Hi,

thanks for your reply!

Here is the debug log: sprunge.us

eQEM

This is what I did to create it:

- enabled debug logging

- shutdown the system

- booted the system

- opened the file share to reproduce the error

- "paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log"

I've noticed another thing: I think during the time it takes to open the file share, the whole system seems to hang. It dosn't react to keystrokes on the remote and even the CPU usage indicators that are overlayed when debug logging is enabled seem to be frozen.

And: I can confirm in version 8.0.2 this issue didn't exist yet. (Did a restore of my img backup to a different usb thumbdrive to test it)

kind regards and many thanks

michael

• "That" is not a debug log from Kodi. Either the sprunge.us website is having hiccups or something else went wrong, so please try again.

You can also use the log upload feature via the LibreELEC Settings Add-on.

Never mind, your link was borked. :blush:

This is the correct one: eQEM

• Jep. Sorry, my bad!

I think the important part is around the timestamp 10:45:45.550

There is a gap of about 2,5 minutes...

Opening the same share from my old 8.0.2 LibreELEC takes about 5 seconds

• Hi,

just took a RasPi 3 and checked : Sames issue with 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 on the RasPi-Version of LibreELEC

8.0.2 still working, windows 10 client also no problems browsing the share.

Maybe this problem came with the new samba version in 8.2 ?

kind regards

michael

• Can't see your logs as the server is down - can you re-upload to ix.io? It would also be worth uploading "journalctl -a | pastebinit".

since the upgrade from LE 8.0 to LE 8.2.1 it takes literally 3 minutes to open my cifs shares.

Do you really mean CIFS (which implies OS mounts) or Samba mounts (smb://)?

• Hi,

thanks for your replies and sorry for the confusion about the CIFS / SMB.
    What I meant was: I am using a "regular" CIFS share on Win2016 box and added the source via the Kodi GUI as “Windows network (SMB)” Mounting the share via SSH and adding it as a local file system source in Kodi had similar effects (long time to open the folder)

I just did an upgrade on my Test-RasPi to the latest nighly build I found:

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20180202210443-#0202-ge56f697.tar

Same problem :-|

I think it might have something to do with the higher latency on the WAN connection I am using. (About 35ms with 12 Mbit). Another RasPi with LibreELEC on the same LAN as the server doesn’t show the problem.

Maybe it’s a samba issue that came with the new version in LE?

My old LibreELEC and the Win10 clients are still working fine over the same WAN connection.

Kind regards
    Michael

P.S:

Kodi Log:

22:10:01.397 T:1941917712 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://ma - Pastebin.com

Important part is between 14:23 and 14:26 I think

journalctl –a :

-- Logs begin at Thu 2017-12-14 22:09:57 UTC, end at Sat 2018-02-03 14:31:59 UTC - Pastebin.com

Edited once, last by his.dudeness: Added pastebin links (February 3, 2018 at 2:38 PM).