manual Restore with Backup-File - how to do?

• Hi...

i have 2 Boxes, a KIII and a KII Pro.

The KIII Box is ready installed and configured - i made a Backup on USB Stick using LibreElec-Config-Tool.

I installed the same Version of LE with same DTB on KII Box (works fine), wanted to restore the Backup there from the other Machine, but after copying half the Data, nothing happens. It doesnt copy the last quarter.

So i will try to copy the backup.tar to the folder, the machine takes to restore/update at boot.

is this possible?

wich folder is the right one?

can i put it in the folder using smb-share? or only possible with ssh?

thx

Pony

• i made a Full Backup using LE Backup Tool and wanted to Restore on second (identical Setup) machine.

I copied the xxxx.tar into the Update Folder after flashing and did a reboot.

After reboot it started to restore, but after a while a message was shown, that the File isnt usable, because it isnt a bootalble image, or so.

I never been able to do a working backup/restore with LE Backup Tool.

Again: identical machines, DTB, Image Version, all the same. Even if i will restore the Backup from LE Backup Tool itself in Settings - no success. Sometimes it stops copying Backup File in the middle, sometimes it doesnt start to copy the Backup File at all.

Backup Size is along 1GB, but this couldnt be the Reason, or?

• Make your backup in LE settings on machine 1.

Stick the .tar file from the Backp folder on machine 1 in the Backup folder on machine 2.

Open LE settings on machine 2 and choose 'Restore backup'.

Select your backup. click 'ok'.

No reboot. Nothing to do with the Update folder.

Edit: yes, you can move the file via smb.

• Stick the .tar file from the Backp folder on machine 1 in the Backup folder on machine 2.

Open LE settings on machine 2 and choose 'Restore backup'.

exactly that is was i did first. But after copying half of the the Backup file, the Progress gets into a neverending Job... tried 3 or 4 times, everytime the same. Copying File "aborts" after Half. You see the Progrss bar, but i wont go forward. Also the "kb/Min" gets smaller, down to 46 kb/Min and nothing happens after that. Tried also different Sticks with that Backup File - nothing.

Any suggestions?

• exactly that is was i did first. But after copying half of the the Backup file, the Progress gets into a neverending Job... tried 3 or 4 times, everytime the same. Copying File "aborts" after Half. You see the Progrss bar, but i wont go forward. Also the "kb/Min" gets smaller, down to 46 kb/Min and nothing happens after that. Tried also different Sticks with that Backup File - nothing.

Any suggestions?

Sorry, no. It's never failed for me.

Alternatives - image the card (eg win32diskimager or usbit in windows) or move files directly.