LibreELEC tvheadend

• Can someone advise me of a link/tutorial that can show me how to show what I have scanned in via tvheadend, on the Win 10 pc at the same time, like the picture in this thread whrl.pl/ReVnRo

I have tvheadend up/running on my win 10 pc and linked to my libreelec K1 plus, but would like to see the channels playing on the pc, within tvheadend, like this, to ensure they are working ok.

I can sometimes get audio, then no video, or video that immediately displays but then stops. However it all plays perfectly on the android box?

In this instance I am trying to play a satellite Optus D3 test tuning channel audio and video feed (mpeg 2) which is fta

I sort of figured a work around, using the "play" button on normal channel list epg, setting VLC as the default, sending it as an m3u,and it can play it that way on the desktop.

The inbuilt player in tvheadend still won't display for me though.

The version is HTS Tvheadend 4.1.2415 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.1.109

More googling for me, unless someone can kindly assist as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

this post was edited

HI...SORRY..just figured it out...I just need to press the "watch tv" button top right.

I can get audio, but no video, however it all plays perfectly on the android box??

In this instance I am simply trying to play the Optus D3 test tuning channel audio and video feed which is fta

More googling for me

Rl07cDW.jpg

I sort of figured a work around, using the "play" button on normal channel list, setting vlc as the default, sending it as an m3u,and can play it that way on the desktop.

This is fine, but I must need to do something with the audio track as it keeps going up and down continuously..very annoying.

The inbuilt player in tvheadend still won't display for me though.

Edited once, last by CvH: wtf :D removed 2/3 of post due whatever happen here (November 28, 2017 at 9:17 AM).

• It would be more appropriate to ask for Tvheadend (on Windows) support in the Tvh forum. People here have experience with our own Tvheadend server (on Linux) which is not comparable. In future please also pay more attention to the formatting of your post - it's basically unreadable.

• I can get audio, but no video, however it all plays perfectly on the android box??

It is only working if your browser supports the codecs that are used at the channel (at the pass profile the streams are directly routed to the browser) - if the browser don't supports it you have no video/audio.

To fix that you have to transcode the stream -> you need real PC hardware for this (those ARM boxes are too weak for that).

• Sorry chewitt..dunno why it went in weird, all I did was type like I am now..but thanks if you have fixed it, hope this one remains ok?

CvH..Sorry, I don't understand what the browser or ARM means in relation to your post.

I am using tvheadend via a HP Elitedesk 800 mini G1 pc. I use either edge or FF browser.

I said I just can't get the std mpeg picture to play on the pc, it works perfect on the android boxes just playing via libreELEC/Kodi.

I'll try the forum chewitt suggests, I was thinking it may be a libre thing, but I'll take it elsewhere.

Thanks all

:)

• Yes, sorry for my confusing original post, I do remember doing some cut n paste from posting elsewhere, and some of this hash/garbage must have not been tidy up before I posted..SORRY.

That is exactly my problem

• Thanks CvH...I have tried Chrome, FF IE and Edge, but all to no avail.

Whether it is a windows 10 thing?

I'll give the one you say a go and report back.

Thanks for the help.

ps..I have posted in the tvheadend forum and got no reply yet.

• Thanks again..it was the same as the other browsers, except, the odd few worked here/there...all the channels I am playing with are simply MPEG2 and MPEG4...I'd have thought they would play with most things?.

When I play them via VLC, all are perfect

• Thanks all...I took my problem to the official tvheadend forum, but all I was told was it was a browser problem, and I should "Keep read, and most important learn and understand."

I tried all browsers I have including FF, Chrome, Chromium, IE, Edge but could not get the inbuilt tv player to work.

I have googled some codec packs (??) but don't know what free one's (if possible) I should be looking to get/use.

Thanks