Access Plex Media Server

• Hi Guys,
    i am happy to see LE alive, i was using Media Portal for years before - then switched to Kodi, OpenELEX, Plex, TV-Headend.

So far i am very happy with OpenELEC on 2 of my machines.
    What i am missing is a CLIENT part for my Plex Server to access the Movies etc.

Can anyone help me and advice me the best solution to access PMS?

Thanks!

• PleXBMC hasn't had an update in over 1 year, so I wouldn't expect it to work very well. It won't work at all with Krypton as far as I know.

• PleXBMC hasn't had an update in over 1 year, so I wouldn't expect it to work very well. It won't work at all with Krypton as far as I know.

I have forked the isengard-helper-merge branch and added some patches from contributors: PleXBMC. It works good enough for me with Jarvis. To make it clear: This branch combines the plugin and the helper. Remove the old addons before installation.

No support from me. If you find an error, bad luck, or send a PR.

If you don't know how to install, then this is not for you.

Gerald

Edited once, last by gdachs ().

• I use the Plex Media Server addon that escalade started. It is pretty simple to use, too. Install it, configure your settings, and use the web client to manage your media.

To add the Plex media into my Kodi library I use an addon called Plex Kodi Connect. It adds the media from your plex server into your Kodi library without the need for a special skin.

Hope that helps.

• To add the Plex media into my Kodi library I use an addon called Plex Kodi Connect.

The problem of Plex Kodi Connect is that you need again special skins if you have more than one library with movies in PMS and wouldn't like to have them all mixed into one in Kodi.

Even worse problem is that it get crashed during initial library scan by the OOM killer on ARM devices because of lack of memory.

Gerald

• There's this Kodi addon: PlexKodiConnect: let Kodi talk to your Plex — Plex Forums

There's also a LibreELEC fork with Plex Media Player in the works, not sure about how far it's come: GitHub - plexinc/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

It's been released as "Plex Embedded" for pi and x86_64 hardware .. available to Plex Pass holders according to the developer folks who work on it. There is also "RasPlex" which continues development of the older PHT client; also rebased/converted to LE.

• The problem of Plex Kodi Connect is that you need again special skins if you have more than one library with movies in PMS and wouldn't like to have them all mixed into one in Kodi.

Even worse problem is that it get crashed during initial library scan by the OOM killer on ARM devices because of lack of memory.

Gerald

You don't need special skins in the same way you need them for PleXbmc. It's fairly easy to separate your movies/TV Shows into their correct libraries via special playlists.

• You don't need special skins in the same way you need them for PleXbmc. It's fairly easy to separate your movies/TV Shows into their correct libraries via special playlists.

The default skin doesn't allow you to add menu entries for favorites. So you need a special skin that allows you that.

Gerald

• The default skin doesn't allow you to add menu entries for favorites. So you need a special skin that allows you that.

Gerald

Ah, my bad Gerald. I always forget that Confluence & Estuary do not allow that without some tinkering. Probably because after editing the home menu the way I wanted it via a certain skin, it has carried over into every Kodi version or skin I've changed to, even the default ones.