Boot USB/ssd libreelect Raspberry 3 ?

Hello good Morning

Last night I managed to boot Raspberry from usb, the system that started was

RASPBIAN STRETCH WITH DESKTOP
    But Libreelect does not start, has someone managed to boot Libreelect from usb / ssd?

Thank you very much

• I've never actually done it, but reading instructions from the Pi Foundation site something like this should work:

Use our USB/SD creator app to create a bootable SD card with the RPi2 image, then append "program_usb_boot_mode=1" to config.txt and boot the Pi to configure USB boot. SSH in and run "vcgencmd otp_dump | grep 17:" and you should see "17:3020000a" afterwards. If you don't, the Pi will not USB boot. Now use the USB/SD creator app to create a USB using the same RPi2 image. You will need to edit boot=/dev/sda1 and disk=/dev/sda2 in cmdline.txt on the USB stick as the default image is hard-coded for /dev/mmcblk0 devices (SD card) and will fail to boot.

In future LE 9.0 we dropped the hard-coded reference to SD cards (we use boot=UUID= and disk=UUID= format) which will make this easier.

• I've just tried this on a RPi2, so it works.

The easiest way is:

Using the LE SD/USB creator:

1) Create LE on a SD card

2) Create LE on a USB stick

3) On the SD card edit cmdline.txt so that it looks like:

boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda2 quiet

4) Put the SD card and the USB drive in the Rpi and boot.

Once all is running you can delete the second partition on the SD card as this is no longer required, or you can just use the space for backups or whatever.

NB: The RPi needs the SD card, no matter what.

• I tried the "no sdcard" method on my Pi3 and it works - I was able to boot LibreELEC from USB flash drive. However, it does not boot after a soft reboot. It requires a power cycle to boot. Any ideas if this is normal behavior?

Hola, busque de nuevo, sí puedo Hacer Que El USB funcione, haga todos los Pasos, "para config.txt conme másilla del resultado m 17: 3020000a, copio La Línea en cmdline.txt boot = / dev / sda1 disco = / dev / sda2 silencioso y no arranca el USB, lo deberse Que PUEDE, estoy Haciendo las Pruebas con el ver 7 libreelecprogram_usb_boot_mode = 1

Edited 3 times, last by ambit: fixed image/links ... (November 24, 2017 at 8:00 PM).