LibreELEC 8.2 update for Raspberry Pi 3 - Samba not working

• Hi,

I have 2 Raspberry Pi 3s running Libreelec. Last night, I downloaded the upgrade and installed it on one of the RP. Now I cannot access the folders through Samba from Ubuntu 16.04. I have no problem accessing folders on the PI with the previous version of Libreelec. I even tried SSH via web browser, but that's not working either.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

• Maybe we should show release notes after first boot with a new version :) 

my lamp addon (unofficial/community) (limited no support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Where can I find the release notes? Usually, I find them inside the downloaded file, but the update only includes the image file.

• I am trying to access LibreElec folders from Ubuntu 16.04 using Samba 4.3.11.

As indicated in the release notes, I added:

client min protocol = SMB2

client max protocol = SMB3

under [global] in the Samba 4.3.11 smb.conf file in Ubuntu 16.04.

However, after restarting samba on my Ubuntu machine, I still get "Unable to mount location" "Failed to retrieve share list from server: connection timed out".

Am I missing something?

• However, after restarting samba on my Ubuntu machine, I still get "Unable to mount location" "Failed to retrieve share list from server: connection timed out".

Am I missing something?

Read the announcement again. Network browsing (the "share list") is no longer supported now that SMB1 is disabled. You'll need to manually enter the share path in order to establish the mount.