Plex Media Server

• It's certainly possible, but I'm not aware of any easy to use addons for LE at the moment. I used to maintain an OE addon, and I think you'll find updated versions from others in the thread. The addon is quite simple. To update it you need only to extract the zip and replace the "lib" directory with the Plex files which you get from extracting the official RPM.

If you're feeling more adventurous, I've created some packages that will let you build Plex into a LibreELEC image.

• Official Post

LibreELEC is designed as a HTPC client application. Anything 'server' should be taken care of by other devices.

• I use the Plex Media Server addon that escalade started. It is pretty simple to use, too. Install it, configure your settings, and use the web client to manage your media.

To add the Plex media into my Kodi library I use an addon called Plex Kodi Connect. It adds the media from your plex server into your Kodi library without the need for a special skin.

Hope that helps.

• LibreELEC is designed as a HTPC client application. Anything 'server' should be taken care of by other devices.

If you have something like a NUC it would be a complete waste only to use it for Kodi.

Another way to run Plex (or anything else) is through Docker.