OpenPHT - Plex Home Theater 1.9 FOR S905 S805 S912 WeTek Play 2 and other devices based on LibreELEC 8.2

• hello here is Plex Home Theater based on LibreELEC 8.0 from kszaq

edit: new version of OpenPHT 1.9 is based od LibreELEC 8.2 by kszaq and it can be updated form LibreELEC 8.2

all patches from kszaq builds are inserted

compiled version is for S905 and S805 it is fast and stable

Code
    SOURCE CODE
    https://github.com/Veisen/OpenPHT

COMPILED FOR S905
    https://github.com/Veisen/OpenPHT/releases/tag/1.0

COMPILED FOR S905, S805, S912, WeTek Play 2 version 1.9 based on LibreELEC 8.2
    https://github.com/Veisen/OpenPHT/releases/tag/1.1

more device will be released soon like RPi iMX6 and other weteks

Edited 7 times, last by veisen (April 6, 2018 at 9:05 PM).

• veisen

Just installed it over the latest Libreelec update using your tar file and it works very well, I could see myself using this since all I use is Plex. Just one thing, my remote control is not controlling my volume yet it always works in libreelec . Any workarounds?

Thanks for sharing this!

• Thank you @viesen for this interesting development. I'm new to plex server but have it running on Dietpi and I'm very happy with it, so I'm in the interested but slightly puzzled newbie phase about all this client stuff.

I have a novice's question for you or anyone who would care to educate me. What are the differences between this and the kodi plex addon?

I have set it up on an S805 box and first impressions are that its different visually to the standard plex layout but at least equal to it. From a quick test, I think that one difference is that I can view plex channels through it. That said, for me, this wouldn't be a reason for moving away from LibreElec with the kodi plex addon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

• veisen

Just installed it over the latest Libreelec update using your tar file and it works very well, I could see myself using this since all I use is Plex. Just one thing, my remote control is not controlling my volume yet it always works in libreelec . Any workarounds?

Thanks for sharing this!

it is bad remote controll config you can replace it

• Thank you @viesen for this interesting development. I'm new to plex server but have it running on Dietpi and I'm very happy with it, so I'm in the interested but slightly puzzled newbie phase about all this client stuff.

I have a novice's question for you or anyone who would care to educate me. What are the differences between this and the kodi plex addon?

I have set it up on an S805 box and first impressions are that its different visually to the standard plex layout but at least equal to it. From a quick test, I think that one difference is that I can view plex channels through it. That said, for me, this wouldn't be a reason for moving away from LibreElec with the kodi plex addon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

looks on this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    it is full integration fast loading and native connection it is much better when you are on plex media server (plugins on kodi is not good and plex app for kodi is realy bad)

• Thanks for this OpenPHT build. This is what I'm looking for.

I often use Plex's "Watch later" and only OpenPHT can play videos shared from Google drive without transcoding.

• Has anybody installed it yet? I'm using a wireless remote, Minix A2 lite and it always works just right but in this case my volume down button does not respond, I have never seen this before with this remote. Could it be a problem with the build? It works great with the latest Libreelec, all my buttons work.

So far, I have been unsuccessful at replacing the remote.conf file since I don't know how to create it without using Kodi and key map add on.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Has anybody installed it yet? I'm using a wireless remote, Minix A2 lite and it always works just right but in this case my volume down button does not respond, I have never seen this before with this remote. Could it be a problem with the build? It works great with the latest Libreelec, all my buttons work.

So far, I have been unsuccessful at replacing the remote.conf file since I don't know how to create it without using Kodi and key map add on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im at work i will fix it later when i have some time

• @veisen

I just want to thank you once again for putting this build together, as far as i know it's the only openPHT for Amlogic right now. Kudos!

I have a couple questions, maybe this will help others as well.

You do not state how to install the file, so I assume it's just like installing Libreelec.

Here is what I did:

Used the latest Libreelec device tree update for my box with your openPHT file. Burn it to my micro sd card and install. The install fails. Tried many times.

Then to try again I installed Libreelec (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.0.1.img)

fresh on a clean sd card. That worked and then I dropped your file (tar) into the updates folder and restart.

Now openPHT is running and configured. Problem, the volume down on my remote doesn't respond.

Question? Is this the only way to install openPHT? Did I do it correctly?

Thanks!

• Me too having problem with fresh install (error "... can't access tty ...").

But update from kszaq's build is ok.

Ps. just wondering if some addon services, like docker, was installed on LibreELEC build before update to this OpenPHT, will it still working with OpenPHT?

• Hello @viesen. I thought it was about time I updated my earlier post after spending a little time with OpenPHT. My initial comment seems unfair now because I have seen for myself how much faster and better it is over the kodi addon. Thank you so much for bringing this to the community. I'm hooked now.

I'm now running this from internal on my MXQ S805 boxes with Libreelec running off SD card. That way, I can get to Kodi if needed by simply rebooting and back to Open PHT by "reboot from Internal" from Kodi. This way round, I can swap between them without having to physically remove the SD card.

For the benefit of other people who may be interested, in doing this, I've learnt:

- ssh command installtointernal works with OpenPHT set up on the SD card. The ssh login password is openpht.

- the version of OpenPHT left behind on the SD card can be reverted to Libreelec by placing the appropriate Libreelec .img file in the update folder.

- If you backup the Libreelec that's in internal before moving Open PHD to internal, you can restore the backup to the SD version and save loads of set up time.

- If you use Libreelec kodi's default skin, Estuary, the power menu has an option to "reboot from internal".

- The kodi plex addon still has some use as it means that within Kodi there's no need to set up file locations in order to view Films, TV shows and music. My Kodi is now only set to show addons, favourites and weather on the main screen.

Hope the above is useful to someone and not just the ramblings of a compulsive tweaker.