Recommendation for dvb-s2 tvheadend server

• I've only just come across tvheadend running on a Raspberry PI with a DVB-t USB stick just to see how the process works. Now I want to set up a dedicated DVB-S2 tvheadend server,

USB sticks seem pretty xpensive so I thought I get a TV box such as B01J7OLEQ8

but don't know if LibreELEC will run on it.

Can anyone advise?

• Don't run Tvh servers for more then 1-2 connections/tuners at the RPi, there are so much limitations due the "not that good" usb-lan connection including packet drops and bottlenecks that it is not a save bet. Better user for it an Odroid_C2 - same Price level but much better performance.

• Don't run Tvh servers for more then 1-2 connections/tuners at the RPi, there are so much limitations due the "not that good" usb-lan connection including packet drops and bottlenecks that it is not a save bet. Better user for it an Odroid_C2 - same Price level but much better performance.

Though downside is that the standard kernel for the C2 is older and doesn't have as many modern DVB devices with decent support? Or has that changed?

• noggin C2 uses an old 3.14 kernel but you can use builds from GDPR-1 or me for improved USB tuner support - we include media_build drivers in our builds. On the other hand, it'll be a good idea to ask whether a particular setup works fine for others - S905 devices happen to have issues with USB drivers and they might fail in some setups.

• I don't know why do you consider RPi for DVB-S2 server. KI Pro with internal DVB tuner is much better solution. Internal tuner has HW demuxing and it causes very low load for CPU. You can extend number of tuners by external USB tuners.

• I don't know why do you consider RPi for DVB-S2 server. KI Pro with internal DVB tuner is much better solution. Internal tuner has HW demuxing and it causes very low load for CPU. You can extend number of tuners by external USB tuners.

Can I run LibreELEC on K I Pro?

I was thinking of getting one since it seems cheaper than buying a DVB-S2 USB stick.

• Can I run LibreELEC on K I Pro?

I was thinking of getting one since it seems cheaper than buying a DVB-S2 USB stick.

I am also looking it for the same purpose. It seems USB sticks have higher prices than PCI. I also want to run linux TV operating system that support DVB-S2. It seems Digital Satellite Receiver | HDStar DVB-S2 TV Box | Geniatech is a device with reasonable price but unfortunately I can't find it in online markets.

• the HDStar is know to be very problematic, don't buy it !

I can confirm it. After a few minutes operations DiSEqC stopped working. Only first LNB was working. Also internal tuner in KI Pro is more sensitive and finally only for a few more bucks you'll got all-in-one solution.