Kindly add NFSv4 support!

• I use an centralized NFSv4 file-server for my main media-storage (lots of CPU, RAM and RAID-60 disk). All my desktops mount the user-home-dir over NFSv4 + IPv6... and it would sure be nice to get my NUC + LibreELEC on-board with this, so I could actually store new recordings and media-files, and play stuff from my centralized storage!

• From other (Linux client) machines on my network, the 'mount' command snippet shows NFSv4.2 is used:

Code
    type nfs4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vers=4.2,rsize=1048576,wsize=104857

I appreciate your concern about size and complexity, and the resource-limitations that some devices may have. But perhaps there is a user-selectable alternative that would allow some folks with more device-resources to meet this need?

But still... 14 years since RFC-3530 and NFSv4 was introduced... :-O

Thank-you,

• I have a userspace nsfv4 server addon in my repo. Its not 100% complete. I still need to add a avahi config so it can announce its shares, but you can manual set the shares with it as is. It will only run on x86_64. if you need it for a different architecture let me know. Would love to get some feed back on it. It's the nfs-ganesha one. There is also a unfsd addon, but that doesn't support nfsv4.

• Hi. I'd just like to clear this up and check I've got it right:

• there is currently no NFSv4 support in LibreELEC because of limitations with busybox (tested and confirmed in the current latest stable: LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (Generic.x86_64))
    • there is NFSv4 support in community builds such as Escalade's (along with a wide selection of extras)
    • there is NFSv4 support in test builds by Milhouse, such as this Kodi 18 Leia build #0111 (cf. change log)

So my choices are to go with a community build or a test build, to get NFSv4 support.

I also understand that Milhouse's test builds are designed to test features that will be included in LibreELEC official, so does this mean NFSv4 is planned to come to LibreELEC official? This is in contradiction to what Irusak was saying:

possibly in the future. However busybox mount does not support nfsv4 so it would require switching to util-linux and adding nfs-utils which isn't really desired at the moment.

Clarifications welcome :) Thanks!

• I just tried Milhouse's latest LibreELEC build, and there is no OS level NFSv4 support.

But there is Kodi-lever support, which I think is what the logs refer to.

Thanks CvH, great to see NFS kernel support work happening. That would really be a superior option to mounting via Kodi!