Random crashes after song finishes playing

• I finally convinced myself to switch from OpenELEC to LibreELEC after being tired of the lack of updates and this one issue I thought would go away with the change, but I still experience it: Randomly, Kodi would crash right after finishing playing a song.

I really have no idea what causes it, and reading the logs has not yielded any solutions for me.

I do have a pretty large music library.

Ways to reproduce it: kinda hard because it's random, but it's always right after finishing a song. It isn't always after a particular song, or song format.

System: Raspberry Pi 3.

LibreELEC version: 8.0.2

I will reply with a log after it crashes again. Since it's random I usually don't expect it to crash so I am not logging, but now I turned logging on.

Anybody else experienced this issue?

• Put a milhouse development image on a spare SD card and see if the problem still occurs in the Leia codebase. All development switched to Leia some months ago and being realistic, nothing is going to be fixed on Krypton now. If it happens on Leia then it's worth asking Kodi developers to have a look (via their forums).

• Well I don't have a spare right now, so can't really test that now. But this issue is becoming really annoying, I can't play through an album without it crashing every second song.

This did not happen with Jarvis.

Is there an estimated time of release for Leia? I don't really want to use Milhouse builds.

I feel that this is bad enough that, if there's going to be a long time before a new Kodi version is integrated into a stable version, it could be worth looking into.

Also I would like to know if this is just me, or if anybody else experienced this. Feels like it would be a massive issue if it's general, but I haven't found any reports of it. Maybe there's something wrong with my setup.

• I have the same exact issue with LibreELEC 8.2.1 (on Raspberry Pi 3).

The crashlog looks similar to kdrone's

Would be interesting if other people out there which have the same problem.

kdrone

did u ever fix this problem?

Bane